Can't wait for that disguise fix update

#11PinkestFloyd07Posted 11/25/2012 12:27:25 PM
its confirmed the disguise system is broken, it has worked for me perfectly every time, but ive seen videos on youtube where people get spotted through walls or at the other end of the map when the guard who spotted him is not even facing the same way.

Its clearly broken, maybe it worked well for you just like it did for me but that doesn't mean its not broken, go to either dexter industries or death factory on anything but easy/normal, and fool around with the disguises, thats where i noticed it was wonky.
#12sykurPosted 11/25/2012 12:28:07 PM
i didn't ask what was wrong with the disguises,i asked when is the update
#13Forgive_ForgetPosted 11/25/2012 12:28:45 PM
It's not broken. The distancing of how close you need to be for them to see you needs tweaking, that's all.

I swear though, I think Bloody Money's disguise system spoiled the lot of people.
---
Poker dice champ since winning two games in a row
#14glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 12:30:08 PM
Forgive_Forget posted...
It's not broken. The distancing of how close you need to be for them to see you needs tweaking, that's all.

I swear though, I think Bloody Money's disguise system spoiled the lot of people.

this
---
Signature OFF
#15YochodoPosted 11/25/2012 12:41:10 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Yochodo posted...
again, there's nothing wrong with the disguises

yes, there is, case closed, no questions asked, it is broken

ummm, how's it broken if I beat the game using them? What is broken about it?

Play Chinatown and get a chef's outfit, and the other chefs who are working can see you through crowds, unless I'm hallucinating

Play Run For Your Life and the cops seem to know you from hundreds of other police officers

i can go on and on, it would make sense if it took a few seconds for them to catch on, but seriously, unless it's my game that's broken, you honestly can't tell me that the NPCs DON'T catch on WAAAAY too fast in this game, on certain levels it makes sense, but on others it just doesn't
---
"wow street lights and benches. if those don't make it a sequel than i don't know what will" - G-Scythe
#16laughandahalfPosted 11/25/2012 12:45:31 PM
Forgive_Forget posted...

That makes no sense. They make the game less enjoyable. Longtime fans are upset. Therefore they must be spoiled. And I'm sick of people assuming that people who are upset about the disguises are only complaining because it's too hard. I beat both games. And although the new system for the disguises is more challenging in that aspect, the overall game is still about the same level of difficulty. Just less fun. Previous games were equally challenging because more thought was put into the level design to compensate for the foolproof disguises.
---
My user name is crap. I know.
#17kazuya_mishimaPosted 11/25/2012 12:45:51 PM
i agree that the disguise system in this game is completely broken but i don't think patching it is a good idea. if you play it close enough you'd understand that the weird disguise system goes hand in hand with the linear A to B level design of the game, so patching would mean you taking a guard disguise and casually walking all the way to the exit door.
---
psn:laxlight/xblgt:outdoorsolidus
ssf4 main:none
#18HassohappaPosted 11/25/2012 12:52:29 PM(edited)
glassghost0 posted...
Yochodo posted...

If a shovel is snapped in two it's broken. You can still dig a hole with it, it just doesn't work as well.

You can get through the game without disguises at all, so using them it's not surprising that you can get through the game. There are times when it is very odd that a disguise does not work though. For instance, walking around in a crowd dressed in a vendor's outfit I got from a supermarket, all of the vendors later on in the China Town area know that I am not actually a vendor. How does that make sense? These guys know every single vendor from every store in town? Or when you put on a disguise that has a mask. How are people picking you out as suspicious from 30 feet away when there are fifty other guys also wearing masks in the area?

Then there are the really stupid things the game does let you get away with. Using the switch cover ability in plain sight of several people without arousing suspicion. Turning your back in a crowd over and over to avoid arousing suspicion even though the way you're walking is incredibly conspicuous.
---
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens
#19kazuya_mishimaPosted 11/25/2012 12:49:03 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Yochodo posted...

lol the disguise system is as broken as your argument.
---
psn:laxlight/xblgt:outdoorsolidus
ssf4 main:none
#20mrjoe_94Posted 11/25/2012 12:50:55 PM
You know disguises are broken when in the strip club mission, it's easier to walk around in your suit or a cop outfit, then it is as a freakin' security guard staff member.
---
---
PSN: Mrjoe1994