Can't wait for that disguise fix update

#21TehMojodogsPosted 11/25/2012 12:51:06 PM
I love how people are whining about the Disguise system in this but completely overlook the suspicion meter of Hitman 2 or Contracts, as if the AI in Hitman wasn't always wonky and unpredictable.
---
"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." - Romans 1:17
#22glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 12:52:43 PM
Lol, you guys must just not be very good at the game.

It's just a more realistic and challenging mechanic. It makes sense that they would question you, seeing as how this is the first time they've ever seen you and idk, maybe the fact that you look like the guy they're after...
---
Signature OFF
#23glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 12:55:14 PM
mrjoe_94 posted...
You know disguises are broken when in the strip club mission, it's easier to walk around in your suit or a cop outfit, then it is as a freakin' security guard staff member.
---

So you're saying that you work somewhere for a long time and you wouldn't find it odd if all of a sudden there was some new guy there. Your suit or the cop disguise works better because they don't freaking know whether you're a cop or not, but I think they would whether or not your a co worker
---
Signature OFF
#24Wei PhoenixPosted 11/25/2012 12:58:37 PM
My few problems are things like you shouldn't lose points for killing bad guys, and the china levels are silly in the sense that the chefs can notice or suspect you while they are serving hundreds of customers. They stop working to chase me too? I could understand if I were behind their counter but it just sucks having to walk through with instincts always on.

Also I think they should tweak your reactions to using instincts. Covering your face or lowering your hat shouldn't help you blend in.
---
If faith is what prevents you from fearing death...then I shall sever that faith... from your bodies...
Xbox GT: Wei Phoenix
#25laughandahalfPosted 11/25/2012 12:58:49 PM
glassghost0 posted...

Laughandahalf posted...
And I'm sick of people assuming that people who are upset about the disguises are only complaining because it's too hard. I beat both games. And although the new system for the disguises is more challenging in that aspect, the overall game is still about the same level of difficulty. Just less fun. Previous games were equally challenging because more thought was put into the level design to compensate for the foolproof disguises.

---
My user name is crap. I know.
#26DolphLundgrennnPosted 11/25/2012 1:03:43 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
I love how people are whining about the Disguise system in this but completely overlook the suspicion meter of Hitman 2 or Contracts, as if the AI in Hitman wasn't always wonky and unpredictable.

this is 2012 not 2004 or whenever the games came out. Pretty sure nobody wants to discuss those games.
#27glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 1:04:51 PM
laughandahalf posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Laughandahalf posted...
And I'm sick of people assuming that people who are upset about the disguises are only complaining because it's too hard. I beat both games. And although the new system for the disguises is more challenging in that aspect, the overall game is still about the same level of difficulty. Just less fun. Previous games were equally challenging because more thought was put into the level design to compensate for the foolproof disguises.

the guy right above you proves my point, you don't have to walk around with instinct on the whole time.

You people do realize that the gig isn't up if the yellow meter comes up on your screen right?
---
Signature OFF
#28Forgive_ForgetPosted 11/25/2012 1:09:36 PM(edited)
laughandahalf posted...
They make the game less enjoyable. Longtime fans are upset. Therefore they must be spoiled. And I'm sick of people assuming that people who are upset about the disguises are only complaining because it's too hard. I beat both games. And although the new system for the disguises is more challenging in that aspect, the overall game is still about the same level of difficulty. Just less fun. Previous games were equally challenging because more thought was put into the level design to compensate for the foolproof disguises.

I'm a longtime fan am I am nowhere near to being upset.

Previous games disguise system was like this game's. If you had the same outfit as someone else, they'd be suspicious as hell and shoot you in about 10 seconds if you were near them. I just got done playing Silent Assassin and it reminded me of this game or should I say vice versa.

Also, I never said longtime fans were spoiled. I only said Bloody Money's system spoiled people because it was easy as hell and it made the game a little less enjoyable about and less challenging IMO.

Bloody Money was the easiest of the series. Almost all the missions could be beaten in 5 minutes, there were only 12 of them, there weren't that many ways to kill your targets and the story wasn't that good, but of course, this is all just an argument of opinions.
---
Poker dice champ since winning two games in a row
#29A_Hairy_WafflePosted 11/25/2012 1:07:55 PM
It needs tweaking bad. I don't want it to be like Blood Moneys invisibility cloak disguises but more like SA/Contracts disguises.
#30YochodoPosted 11/25/2012 1:12:19 PM
glassghost0 posted...

It's just a more realistic and challenging mechanic. It makes sense that they would question you, seeing as how this is the first time they've ever seen you and idk, maybe the fact that you look like the guy they're after...

The chefs in Chinatown aren't "after you" that's for sure

and it has nothing to do with being good at the game.,..it's a flaw that is there...in plain sight....for some reason you can't seem to acknowledge that, unless like i said before that my game could be glitched or something, but there's not much more i can say to make you see it, unless swept the levels giving a rundown of EVERY SINGLE instance where it makes no sense when an NPC can identify you
---
"wow street lights and benches. if those don't make it a sequel than i don't know what will" - G-Scythe