Can't wait for that disguise fix update

#31glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 12:15:02 PM
Yochodo posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Lol, you guys must just not be very good at the game.

It's just a more realistic and challenging mechanic. It makes sense that they would question you, seeing as how this is the first time they've ever seen you and idk, maybe the fact that you look like the guy they're after...

The chefs in Chinatown aren't "after you" that's for sure

and it has nothing to do with being good at the game.,..it's a flaw that is there...in plain sight....for some reason you can't seem to acknowledge that, unless like i said before that my game could be glitched or something, but there's not much more i can say to make you see it, unless swept the levels giving a rundown of EVERY SINGLE instance where it makes no sense when an NPC can identify you

Either it is based on skill or you really do have a messed up game because I didn't experience it on my first playthrough on Normal and haven't experienced it on this playthrough on Hard
---
Signature OFF
#32Stabs2503Posted 11/25/2012 12:15:24 PM
mrjoe_94 posted...
You know disguises are broken when in the strip club mission, it's easier to walk around in your suit or a cop outfit, then it is as a freakin' security guard staff member.
---

As a staff member you would more than likely recognize someone that is trying to impersonate one of your coworkers. They do need to tweak range for sure and there are disguises that people should be able to notice the difference between you and their coworker or whatever but ones with masks definitely need some adjusting.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#33Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/25/2012 12:20:39 PM
Forgive_Forget posted...
It's not broken. The distancing of how close you need to be for them to see you needs tweaking, that's all.

I swear though, I think Bloody Money's disguise system spoiled the lot of people.

It's not broken...but it's broken.

I love you GameFAQs.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#34glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 12:23:03 PM
I don't think most of you even know what 'broken' means
---
Signature OFF
#35Wei PhoenixPosted 11/25/2012 12:23:04 PM
glassghost0 posted...
laughandahalf posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Laughandahalf posted...
And I'm sick of people assuming that people who are upset about the disguises are only complaining because it's too hard. I beat both games. And although the new system for the disguises is more challenging in that aspect, the overall game is still about the same level of difficulty. Just less fun. Previous games were equally challenging because more thought was put into the level design to compensate for the foolproof disguises.

the guy right above you proves my point, you don't have to walk around with instinct on the whole time.

You people do realize that the gig isn't up if the yellow meter comes up on your screen right?

If you're talking about me then I never said it was hard or I'm complaining out of difficulty. I understand it's not up by I always go for not getting spotted so I restart whenever I do. I only spoke about how silly it is that chefs can spot you while multitasking through a thick crowd and how you shouldn't lose points for killing bad people or murderers.
---
If faith is what prevents you from fearing death...then I shall sever that faith... from your bodies...
Xbox GT: Wei Phoenix
#36glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 12:26:11 PM
Wei Phoenix posted...
glassghost0 posted...
laughandahalf posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Laughandahalf posted...
And I'm sick of people assuming that people who are upset about the disguises are only complaining because it's too hard. I beat both games. And although the new system for the disguises is more challenging in that aspect, the overall game is still about the same level of difficulty. Just less fun. Previous games were equally challenging because more thought was put into the level design to compensate for the foolproof disguises.

the guy right above you proves my point, you don't have to walk around with instinct on the whole time.

You people do realize that the gig isn't up if the yellow meter comes up on your screen right?

If you're talking about me then I never said it was hard or I'm complaining out of difficulty. I understand it's not up by I always go for not getting spotted so I restart whenever I do. I only spoke about how silly it is that chefs can spot you while multitasking through a thick crowd and how you shouldn't lose points for killing bad people or murderers.

Those aren't your targets, plus the points don't matter, play it how you wanna play it. But overall, no you aren't supposed to kill people that aren't your target. The whole point of being a Hitman is you leave no trace you where there
---
Signature OFF
#37Mike_HD2Posted 11/25/2012 12:28:05 PM
I'd like to see a happy medium between Absolution and Blood Money's disguise systems. I always thought it was a bit ridiculous that you could have a disguise in Blood Money and none of your co-workers would ever realise that you had only just started working there out of thin air.

Others have rightly pointed out that it's too easy to be seen by others in Absolution when you're wearing their uniform, it needs tweaking, but it's not 'broken'.
#38Forgive_ForgetPosted 11/25/2012 12:28:57 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
It's not broken...but it's broken. I love you GameFAQs.

It's not broken. The distancing is a little too sensitive, but is manageable. It is not fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order. Broken isn't the correct word to use.

It works fine, but is too sensitive. What is so damn difficult to understand about that?
---
Poker dice champ since winning two games in a row
#39ChibiraziPosted 11/25/2012 12:30:11 PM
I doubt they will be able to really "fix" it as the new disguise-system is pretty much integrated in many of the other design choices they took with absolution(foremost the subpar level design).

They probably will just reduce detection range and call it a day which in turn will totally unbalance game difficulty.
As much as I hate the new Hitman:Conviction gamestyle its pretty obvious that much of the games underlying mechanics are based on it.
So really I wouldnt hope on much improvement.
#40Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/25/2012 12:31:02 PM
glassghost0 posted...
I don't think most of you even know what 'broken' means

AI seeing you 20 feet away, through the back of their head...with a disguise on that covers your full face/head.

What were you saying again?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar