Can't wait for that disguise fix update

#41glassghost0Posted 11/25/2012 1:36:16 PM(edited)
Video_Game_Czar posted...
glassghost0 posted...
I don't think most of you even know what 'broken' means

AI seeing you 20 feet away, through the back of their head...with a disguise on that covers your full face/head.

What were you saying again?

It's a game. Broken means it's unplayable. Seeing how that's not the case, it's not broken. I'll say that the distance could be shortened, but it's not broken.

Also, again, the yellow indicator doesn't mean they've spotted you and your cover is blown! Just break line of sight or use instinct.
---
Signature OFF
#42Wei PhoenixPosted 11/25/2012 1:37:09 PM
Those aren't your targets, plus the points don't matter, play it how you wanna play it. But overall, no you aren't supposed to kill people that aren't your target. The whole point of being a Hitman is you leave no trace you where there

I believe it to be in 47's character to mercilessly kill anyone who massacre's members of a church or orphanage and threatens the safety of the girl that I swore to my dying handler to protect then death to them seems justified.
---
If faith is what prevents you from fearing death...then I shall sever that faith... from your bodies...
Xbox GT: Wei Phoenix
#43ElectrologyPosted 11/25/2012 1:59:02 PM
Chibirazi posted...
I doubt they will be able to really "fix" it as the new disguise-system is pretty much integrated in many of the other design choices they took with absolution(foremost the subpar level design).

They probably will just reduce detection range and call it a day which in turn will totally unbalance game difficulty.
As much as I hate the new Hitman:Conviction gamestyle its pretty obvious that much of the games underlying mechanics are based on it.
So really I wouldnt hope on much improvement.

This is what I came to say. In the past in other games when people have complained about big nuisances in games (I can't think of an example right now but it's happened), the patch (if any) has just been the bare minimum to shut people up and not much more.

I'd love a complete overhaul of the disguise system ideally but like you said, it's intergrated into the game, I'm not an expert but it doesn't seem to me something a simple patch could fix, other than reducing the distance they notice you.
#44jaymart_2kPosted 11/25/2012 2:00:36 PM
Merc123 posted...
I would just like them tweaked a little. I think they detect you a bit too quickly and from too far away.

This
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart
#45BobbyCreek(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 3:00:26 PM
I think what might actually be worse then the disguise stuff is the enemies have ridiculous vision in which they can see you easily from the side and sometimes even from behind!
#46miked1986Posted 11/27/2012 8:57:45 PM
I'm not sure what difficulty most of you are playing the game on and using as your references, but, in my experience (on Expert), the disguises really are very nearly worthless.

I mean, I'm not saying that because "OMG I WALKED RITE UP 2 THA GAI END HE SAW MEEEEEEE", but because there are many instances in the game where using a disguise will invariably get you seen from improbably long distances - or even moderate distances, say, 20ft (and no, I'm not just sitting there staring at the bastards, either). For example, in the Library and in the Vixen club. From one end of a very large room to the other, the NPC's can - and will - see you and blow your cover (which is a MAJOR pain in the ass when going for the "Not Spotted" bonus).

After too many times trying to be the master of disguise and not having regenerating instinct, I just wound up giving up on that route and the game just turned into a cover-based stealth game. It just kind of feels more like MGS than a Hitman game at this point.

Additionally, the point could be made that by NOT giving the disguise system the time and close-attention needed to make it INCREDIBLY TIGHT could very well be taking the essence from the game that would make it a true successor to the franchise. Even from the very first game, the essential gameplay was "I need to get into that area. Those guys are allowed in that area. How do I kill/subdue him? Is he holding a gun that *I* need to be holding? Etc. Etc." It was all about restricting access to specific areas based on certain costumes and making sure you got them exactly right without acting strangely - and that's what they designed the levels around. And when you break or poorly execute this mechanic, it's taking away a HUGE part of what makes a Hitman game a Hitman game, steering it more toward your average action/stealth game.

But that's not to say that I'm not having a blast with it. It's still fun, it's still challenging, but it just doesn't quite feel like...Hitman.

I'm interested to see how well this new patch is going to address that.
#47langrishPosted 11/28/2012 12:34:10 AM
I AM (POST #) 47!!!!!!!

(sorry could not help myself)
#48Krauser86Posted 11/28/2012 12:37:13 AM
glassghost0 posted...
sykur posted...
so when is the disguise fix update coming out,do anyone know?

again, there's nothing wrong with the disguises

^ Doesn't play on the harder difficulties.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#49doraemonllh1989Posted 11/28/2012 12:50:51 AM
Cant wait for the disguise system fix too
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#50SolidStryderPosted 11/28/2012 4:16:00 AM
sykur posted...
i didn't ask what was wrong with the disguises,i asked when is the update

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hitman+Absolution+patch

Since I don't think anyone cares what you asked, considering the discussions about a problem not everyones having. But yea, you have fun with this.