How to get around the Corrupted Save Game Data Glitch (XBOX 360)

#1Cutty916erPosted 11/27/2012 8:25:06 AM
Im not sure if anyone else has figured this out or if there is a topic about this, but there is a way around the the Corrupted Saved Games Glitch, at least on the 360. First you wanna make sure that your Cloud Storage is enabled on your 360 Console. Now after every mission, go back the the main menu and then back all the way out to the dashboard then access your save game data through your console memory and copy it to you Cloud Storage. This allows you to have a copy of your saved game data in case your system crashes while playing and you lose all your progress. If this happens just delete the corrupted save data from your hard drive and then copy the save data from your cloud storage back to your hard drive. This may be annoying, but is the only around this glitch until the developers patch the game. Hopefully this helps and you wont have to start all the way over 3 different times like i did.
#2protools1983Posted 11/27/2012 8:29:43 AM
It took you 3 times to realize you should maybe backup your game save?
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#3Kayne0000Posted 11/27/2012 8:33:39 AM
Isn't the cloud still for gold accounts only? I just got through Death Factory, so I guess I'm going to have to take my chances without backing up my save. It hasn't froze on me during a mission yet, but it has frozen a whole lot on boot-up.
#4TenzaronPosted 11/27/2012 8:36:59 AM
Personally I just use my usb stick as the storage device instead of the hard drive.

When I want to back it up I take out the usb stick and back up through modio then re insert usb. I used to have it save to hdd then system storage transfer to usb so on, but this other way is just faster and usually you don't have to turn off the game while doing so.

There are probably other ways like with a hdd transfer kit or some other way, I was just giving my 2 cents. :)
---
"It puts the movie in the bin, or else it gets the fee again."
#5Cutty916er(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 8:37:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Cutty916er(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 8:40:48 AM
First off protools1983 you dont need to be a douche, second of all Microsofts Cloud Storage was crap when it first launched because it was corrupting peoples hard drive, therefor i did not use it which led me to forgetting all about it, so yeah it took me 3 time of starting over before i thought of it.
#7Chosen_one_41Posted 11/27/2012 9:41:35 AM
asking a question = being a douche? k
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
If Friendship is Magic, does that mean Magic is Friendship?
#8protools1983Posted 11/27/2012 9:54:49 AM
Cutty916er posted...
First off protools1983 you dont need to be a douche, second of all Microsofts Cloud Storage was crap when it first launched because it was corrupting peoples hard drive, therefor i did not use it which led me to forgetting all about it, so yeah it took me 3 time of starting over before i thought of it.

You are either new around here or you have not yet heard of me. Hello, I am Protools1983. My signature move is ruffling feathers. Sometimes I achieve this by simply pointing out the truth. People like you fall for it every time.

If I am a douche because you did not mention anywhere in your post about the cloud service corrupting game saves then I clean 'ginas with the best of 'em.

Nice to meet you BTW.
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#9VlayerPosted 11/27/2012 9:57:46 AM
Doesn't Cloud Storage sync with you hard drive, meaning that the latest save on your HDD will replace the one on the Cloud Storage?

I use a memory card as well as my HDD so I wouldn't know, but I think I read it somewhere.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#10Kayne0000Posted 11/27/2012 10:39:21 AM
Kayne0000 posted...
Isn't the cloud still for gold accounts only? I just got through Death Factory, so I guess I'm going to have to take my chances without backing up my save. It hasn't froze on me during a mission yet, but it has frozen a whole lot on boot-up.

And it just froze on "Fight Night". Save data damaged. Damn...