This is a great stealth game.

#1_Lime_Slime_Posted 11/27/2012 1:16:59 PM
That being said, it isn't a Hitman game.

At first I was upset about this, but now I can enjoy it for what it is. I still feel like I haven't scratched my Hitman itch though, which is disappointing. I've seen alot of topics with statements such as, "If you don't like this game you're bad at it" or "games evolve get over it." I think people are missing the point.

I went into this game expecting a certain experience. The Hitman games were never about sneaking around and not being seen--they were about hiding in plain sight and that was thrilling. I can't think of a single other game that did that.

It's like when you buy a Mario game--you expect a platformer. Imagine if they made all Mario games RPG's from this point forward. A huge group of people would be upset.

So don't get on people's cases when they say this isn't Hitman game because they're right. They just want what they've come to expect of the Hitman games--that's all.
---
"I have to admire your prudent nature. Why get caught up in action, ya know? And results..." ~Yes Man
#2TheGazatronPosted 11/27/2012 1:20:14 PM
I can feel your pain to an extent

but

your analogy regarding mario is wrong, if i'm to be blunt

You mentioned changing the genre of mario

The Hitman genre hasn't been changed, some of the mechanics which made it a hit have, yes, but the genre remains.

Personally, I like it. Some challenges are frustrating for me, but, they are challenges so I expect nothing less
---
The way to play the game is the way I PLAY THE GAME - OTG Gaming - People who agree to date = 0 - Started 18/10/12
#3SweetPandaLovePosted 11/27/2012 1:22:03 PM
It's definately a Hitman game. It's made by I/O, AND has "Hitman" right in the title. How is this arguable?

That said, I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations. It's still a great game though.
#4forgotten0285Posted 11/27/2012 1:22:55 PM
game is called Hitman: Absolution.

So technically, legally, and in reality this is actually a Hitman game, regardless of what the neckbeards have to say about it.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#5riouken1234Posted 11/27/2012 1:23:30 PM
I agree. I've stopped playing it like a Hitman game (apart from certain missions) and just started enjoying it for what it is. I've stopped restarting checkpoints when things go bad and I've begun to just be a bit more Jason Bourne about the whole ordeal.

Actually enjoying it a lot more. Nearing the end of my Expert run now.
#6_Lime_Slime_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:29:39 PM(edited)
I guess I don't understand why people are getting upset when folks bring this topic up. You can see it in this topic already. Why the one note,"Hitman is in the title so it's Hitman! Get over it!" attitude. Fans of the series have explained themselves quite clearly.
---
"I have to admire your prudent nature. Why get caught up in action, ya know? And results..." ~Yes Man
#7Maelstrom52Posted 11/27/2012 1:33:01 PM
SweetPandaLove posted...
It's definately a Hitman game. It's made by I/O, AND has "Hitman" right in the title. How is this arguable?

That said, I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations. It's still a great game though.

Yup...well said. I just responded to someone who was trying to compare Hitman: Absolution to Dragon Age 2....ok THAT'S an unfair analogy. Dragon Age 2 actually DID change the format completely (from Dragon Age 1) and also changed the main character, gameplay mechanics, level progression system (though I might say for the better), and dwarfed the size of the game in comparison to Dragon Age 1.

Meanwhile, everything you could ever do in Hitman games, you can do in Absolution (sans the loadout screen in story mode). Yes, some of the mechanics have been modified, but name one thing you could do in a mission in Blood Money, that you can't do in Absolution....yeah pretty much nothing. As far as I can tell, the vast majority of complaints are coming from things they added, not things they took away. If you want to play the game the way you played Blood Money, you are welcome to, but now there are also other play styles that are supported as well. You're not forced to use them however.

Go ahead and stick any of the Blood Money missions into Absolution and you can easily play them just fine. That should be the only litmus test necessary. The only thing that could use a little help is if they could tweak the disguise system so that it's a little more forgiving for certain costumes (cough...polices officers and swat...cough)
---
...and that's how I roll!
#8laughandahalfPosted 11/27/2012 1:35:55 PM
forgotten0285 posted...

So technically, legally, and in reality this is actually a Hitman game, regardless of what the neckbeards have to say about it.

People need to stop making this argument. It's stopped being funny or cute. Stop being intentionally dense and taking the criticism so literally, when what people are clearly trying to get across is that it doesn't feel like a traditional Htman game.
---
My user name is crap. I know.
#9forgotten0285Posted 11/27/2012 1:41:42 PM
laughandahalf posted...
forgotten0285 posted...

People need to stop making this argument. It's stopped being funny or cute. Stop being intentionally dense and taking the criticism so literally, when what people are clearly trying to get across is that it doesn't feel like a traditional Htman game.

well stop making that dumb argument. because i have played all of the hitman games, and absolution definitely feels like the games that came before it.

rejection of change in any shape or form is nothing more than a sign of mental weakness.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#10_Lime_Slime_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:43:18 PM
I don't know why I bother sometimes.
---