Reason why there were no female targets in the first 3 games?

#1TommaPosted 11/27/2012 5:39:02 PM
In the first 3 games of the series there were no female targets, then comes Blood Money with 5 targets and numerous other female 'victims'(the wife, the secretary) and now in Absolution there are 9 targets and many other female 'victims'.

Was this just coincidental or were the developers trying to avoid anymore negative attention(preying on 'innocent' women/male on female violence) on top of the already controversial state of the game to begin with.....
#2NazgulCentralPosted 11/27/2012 5:43:49 PM
Hannelore in Silent Assassin!
---
When I was seven years old, I dressed up as a little city gent, and walked into the Bank of England shouting "**** the pound."
#3Tomma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:42:19 PM
Thats right...the one. But 47 and contracts none. Maybe it was just a coincidence and they didn't fit those game scenarios.
#4TheCongoPosted 11/27/2012 7:07:40 PM
I am guessing it would have taken too much time to make a whole new female model, and do the animations for it too. Considering it would just be one/two characters who would be female.

Back then it would have taken a while to do all that stuff.

Most games were male-only back in the day though!
#5ApolloCreedPosted 11/27/2012 7:18:23 PM
There's that mystery target in "You Better Watch Out". She's female. There's the mob guy's wife in "A New Life", while she isn't a target, she is an objective, and she's easy to make look like an accident if you do decide to take the low road.

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#6NazgulCentralPosted 11/28/2012 4:14:30 AM
Come to think of it are there many female civilians or other characters in Silent Assassin?
Trying to think, there's a maid and fat chef in Anathema, a few at the embassy party, the bimbo in the Japanese castle, and a few on the ground floor of the Malaysia level. Not many.
Damn I want to go back and play that game, so many good memories of death.
---
When I was seven years old, I dressed up as a little city gent, and walked into the Bank of England shouting "**** the pound."
#7_Moron_Posted 11/28/2012 6:32:20 AM
there was Vaana Ketlyn on that Heaven/Hell mission in Blood Money.
---
Not changing sig until Bobby Kotick goes bankrupt and loses his home.
#8Estabon1Posted 11/28/2012 7:56:26 AM
There were female targets, and there were plenty of females in SA through BM. I don't know what you're on, but I don't want some, because apparently it makes you perceive everyone as a male, and that would be horrible.
---
XBL GT: Estabon89
From a problematic PC to a whiney girlfriend, nothing beats a foot full of fury.- Bubs
#9Forgive_ForgetPosted 11/28/2012 8:41:36 AM
ApolloCreed posted...
There's that mystery target in "You Better Watch Out". She's female. There's the mob guy's wife in "A New Life", while she isn't a target, she is an objective, and she's easy to make look like an accident if you do decide to take the low road.

The female in "You Better Watch Out" doesn't actually count as a target until after she kills you. She's counted as a civilian if you right up kill her. She got cut as a target from the game. Why not as a whole, dunno.
---
Poker dice champ since winning two games in a row