Wait... $10,000,000? -spoilers-

#1Kayne0000Posted 11/27/2012 6:48:03 PM
I'm getting to near the end of the game and I just watched the cutscene where Dexter meets with Travis on the roof. He demands $10,000,000 dollars for Victoria. But... isn't Dexter a billionaire? Even if he's not, his mega-corporation with so much advanced tech certainly brings him a lot more money than ten million, so why the hell is he making Dr. Evil like low money demands?
#2LazyyAmericanPosted 11/27/2012 6:49:40 PM
lol @ the story is why....the morons who were put in charge of it must never watch movies because even some of the worst movies out there have things that make more sense then what you just described.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#3Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/27/2012 6:55:46 PM
I was going to make a topic about it.

Wouldn't she be worth a billion dollars? Hell, Maybe more...She's the most prefect killing machine ever...I mean, 47 makes almost that kind of money in a given game...

Why wouldn't he ransom her off to the Chinese or the Russians? Then again the story is insanely too goofy half way through...Thought it would be darker like Kane and Lynch 2.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#4ApolloCreedPosted 11/27/2012 7:23:31 PM
Because this game has bad writing.

*waits to be called a troll for pointing out the obvious*

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#5pk256Posted 11/27/2012 7:38:11 PM
i wouldn't say it has bad writing but that defiantly was silly lol
#6ApolloCreedPosted 11/27/2012 7:40:04 PM
i wouldn't say it has bad writing

Really...? You'd say this game has great writing...?

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#7pk256Posted 11/27/2012 7:42:29 PM
also just put defiantly instead of definitely...awkward lol

also didn't say "great", just said wasn't that bad, middle ground mostly
#8Forgive_ForgetPosted 11/27/2012 7:52:15 PM
pk256 posted...
also just put defiantly instead of definitely...awkward lol

also didn't say "great", just said wasn't that bad, middle ground mostly

That defiantly/definitely thing happens all the time. I hate the words because of it.

I'd said the story is mediocre. Not bad, not great. Story has never really been a strong point of Hitman, I'd say. Pretty much all the stuff involving 47's childhood in the asylum and things involving other clones and whatnot, I would say is the best of it and his childhood isn't stated in the games, but in Enemy Within.
---
Poker dice champ since winning two games in a row
#9E_S_M_ZPosted 11/27/2012 7:59:36 PM
Before you even meet Dexter in Terminus, Layla notes that "he badly needs money".
That implies he was going broke (could be that having 500 security guards on staff was too much, maybe?), and that illegitimate money would possibly be his nest egg. It's not very well extrapolated on, though. The more likely explanation is that he just did it for fun, and the money was a bonus incentive.

Also, Wade murders an entire orphanage in broad daylight for 30 grand and Victoria throws away $10,000,000 to spite a dead guy, right in front of a contract killer no less. No one in this game knows what the value of a dollar is...
---
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
#10pk256Posted 11/27/2012 8:09:48 PM
touche lol