What's wrong with the disguise system and what are they changing about it?

#1AlethirPosted 11/30/2012 2:13:24 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I've read some "fans" aren't happy with it for some reason. It's more realistic this time which is an improvement in my opinion.
#2KontroLz85Posted 11/30/2012 2:20:46 AM(edited)
Ooo, we haven't had this discussion yet!

Play on something other than easy/normal and disguises become pointless because of the distance at which you can be detected. I don't know exactly what the patch will consist of but I would bet they reduce the distance at which you can be detected.

Edit: I will admit that "Hard" isn't anywhere near as bad as expert and purist. I've beaten the game on all three now.
---
don't blame the game the game can't corrupt it's on save
#3doraemonllh1989Posted 11/30/2012 2:24:46 AM
realistic=/= good

the system is improved but FLAWED

and no,its not realistic when they saw you when you standing left and further away from them with a hat on
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#4Alethir(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:27:46 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
realistic=/= good

the system is improved but FLAWED

and no,its not realistic when they saw you when you standing left and further away from them with a hat on

Its not like they instantly spot you. They think you look suspicious and come over to check you out. Nothing wrong with that. If a random muscular bald dude turned up at my work one day wearing staff uniform I wouldn't just think nothing of it either. I'd wonder who the hell he was. Its good having to use instinct to fool people.
#5VandelayIncPosted 11/30/2012 3:05:04 AM
nothing wrong with the disguise system, its just the few "im so good i start on purist" people who come crying now.
#6Asakura_ReiPosted 11/30/2012 8:25:41 AM
I can't explain it, but I can give an example of the problem.

In the second mission, you get the poison from one of the vendor stalls.

When using a vendor disguise, the vendors get suspicious from a distance. By the time you get to the actual stall, they've either spotted you or are alerting others. If you use instincts, you can get in there but when you grab the poison you stop using it and they instantly get alerted.

By being in just the suit, I can walk over to the stall no problem, grab the poison and leave before they get alarmed enough to spot me or get alerted.
#7Shah138Posted 11/30/2012 8:31:02 AM
What I would like is a very reduced distance in which they can detect you when you're in disguise, and also narrow their cones of vision a bit.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLzTB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CM6pz.jpg http://i.minus.com/iIOc9KdTGstCq.gif
#8moose1132Posted 11/30/2012 9:29:35 AM
I think the idea behind the system might be realistic like some are saying, but they either didn't have the time or care to put the effort in to fully realize it. And it works both ways with difficulty though the frustrating moments are easier to remember and seem to happen more often. Some examples that I still don't get...

-Probably mentioned a million times, but Chicago cops recognizing you from 100 yards away through a crowded area.

-Somehow NOT being recognized while dressed as a janitor by maids who would be your co-workers.

- Getting spotted wearing a full body suit complete with mask (?!).

- And also I was just instantly spotted wearing a full Samurai outfit WHILE hiding.

That's just a few examples. I'm curious as to what they're changing, but now that I'm on the last mission I doubt it'll matter for me.
#9CyberneticRatPosted 11/30/2012 9:47:12 AM
I think they're basically changing it to how it works on Easy Mode. Guards take a longer while to recognize you.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#10Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/30/2012 10:03:03 AM
Alethir posted...
Its not like they instantly spot you.

Some one hasn't played purist mode...
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar