Hitman: Absolution sells 1 million units!!!! in first week!!

#21Maelstrom52Posted 11/30/2012 2:40:51 PM
Erik_P posted...
myth_maker posted...
one million in one week. wow. what a horrible game.

Worldwide on 2 systems. It really isn't that much.

Right because if it's divided between multiple countries it doesn't count....oh, wait, that's dumb!

1 million units in one week is STILL fantastic. Basically, that means that the game already made its money back within that time frame assuming it cost somewhere between $25-40 million. MOST games do not sell that much in their lifetime. So yeah, it's a big deal.

ITT: People who don't know thing about marketing, gaming metrics, or gaming sales figures trying to somehow make the case that selling 1 million in a week isn't that big a deal.

Laughable.
---
...and that's how I roll!
#22Erik_PPosted 11/30/2012 2:51:18 PM
Maelstrom52 posted...
Erik_P posted...
myth_maker posted...

Right because if it's divided between multiple countries it doesn't count....oh, wait, that's dumb!

1 million units in one week is STILL fantastic. Basically, that means that the game already made its money back within that time frame assuming it cost somewhere between $25-40 million. MOST games do not sell that much in their lifetime. So yeah, it's a big deal.

ITT: People who don't know thing about marketing, gaming metrics, or gaming sales figures trying to somehow make the case that selling 1 million in a week isn't that big a deal.

Laughable.

You don't seem to understand what "worldwide" means. That means not just the USA and Canada. It means the many countries that exist where it was released.

Color me impressed when sales hit a million in one country.
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#23SunDevil77Posted 11/30/2012 2:52:16 PM
Erik_P posted...
myth_maker posted...

It is considering they released it right after the big boys like Halo 4, AC3, and BLOPS 2
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#24ApolloCreedPosted 11/30/2012 3:05:53 PM
Games sell the most copies in the first week. At that rate it won't sell much more than 2 million and probably significantly less. I don't think this game will even sell 1 million more new copies, I'd even bet on it.

I actually do know how these things work. They'd need to sell 1.5 million more copies to reach the number that Blood Money reached... lol, it's not gonna happen.

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#25ApolloCreedPosted 11/30/2012 3:15:29 PM(edited)

You really have a nerve to tell people they don't know what they're talking about and then make a ridiculous statement like that...?

1 million copies the first week is mediocre for a game with a big name on the cover. It's really not a big deal as you claim it to be.

---
#26sknmakPosted 11/30/2012 3:27:06 PM
Even if VG chartz isn't a reliable source or not.....this is good news to hear. Hopefully we will get some info directly from SquareEnix soon. 1 million sales for any game is great news. We still have the holiday - Chirstmas season left. So perhaps the game will sell even more. No developer is complaining about selling 1 million. Some devs DREAM of hitting that 1 million mark. Other devs have a large established fanbase.
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#27TommaPosted 11/30/2012 3:35:41 PM
ApolloCreed posted...

You really have a nerve to tell people they don't know what they're talking about and then make a ridiculous statement like that...?

1 million copies the first week is mediocre for a game with a big name on the cover. It's really not a big deal as you claim it to be.

Since when has Hitman been a blockbuster franchise?? Until BM, the Hitman series was very niche and cult like. Hell even after a movie,succesful BM AND lots of press for this game.....it still isn't a "big name".

With that said, 1 million copies WORLDWIDE, on TWO consoles is very much applaudable.

FYI-just springing to my mind- Tekken Tag 2, a far more blockbuster series with a huge name, has barely sold 1 million WORLDWIDE, over 2 consoles in 2 months!! Just a bit of perspective for you all.
#28ApolloCreedPosted 11/30/2012 3:43:25 PM
You've gotta face it at some point. This game received mixed to negative reception. It's not gonna sell 1 million more copies. Used copies are widely available because many people aren't keeping the game.

Do I have to explain what that means for sales totals...?

---
#29myth_makerPosted 11/30/2012 3:46:57 PM
ApolloCreed posted...
You've gotta face it at some point. This game received mixed to negative reception. It's not gonna sell 1 million more copies. Used copies are widely available because many people aren't keeping the game.

Do I have to explain what that means for sales totals...?

you just ignored the guys question. since when has hitman been anything but a cult game? the answer is...since november 20.
---
push the button frank...
#30Maelstrom52Posted 11/30/2012 4:19:27 PM
ApolloCreed posted...

REALLY?! Apollo don't even start. In 2008 I worked in corporate consulting for a large entertainment based firm in their video game department. Most of my job involved tracking sales figures and creating marketing grids. Please tell me what you do again.
---
...and that's how I roll!