Is there any word on the developers fixing how targets detect being shot?

#1LLink2411Posted 12/1/2012 10:27:52 AM
I just love getting a clean shot off on a target with a silenced weapon, just to have every enemy in the tri-state area do mental calculations of the bullet trajectory and know my exact location instantly. The impressive part is this that they can do all of this with their backs turned to the action and me crouching behind a wall in the dark

I'm alright with the disguises, but this is broken.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#2lostoutlawnbPosted 12/1/2012 12:02:38 PM
just hide for a bit and you will be fine
#3LLink2411(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:42:05 PM(edited)
When this happens in contracts, all of the alerted guards go straight to hostile and I lose my "don't be spotted bonus."

I would just appreciate a more realistic LOS on the guards. It seems that they either go by your LOS or they have an omnidirectional cone of vision for hostile actions.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#4ApolloCreedPosted 12/1/2012 4:25:18 PM(edited)
Do what everyone else who praises this game does. Don't lower the difficulty, Lower your standards...!

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#5HMXTaylor_LeePosted 12/1/2012 6:23:24 PM
This is actually a great point, and I'd love to see it implemented somehow.

Maybe a grace period after the kill where enemies are confused and disoriented if you fire from far enough away.
#6DrNewcensteinPosted 12/1/2012 11:22:00 PM
If you've got the difficulty jacked up, then yes, they're much better at detecting you.

Put yourself in that position.
You're standing next to a guy who falls backwards, his face exploding in blood. Logic dictates the shot came from in front of him. Depending on which direction you're facing, it's easy to figure out if the shot came from behind you, in front of you, or to either side.

Knowing a bit about firearms, you know that because he still has a head (IMO heads shot with the sniper rifle in this game should explode), your buddy was not shot with a sniper rifle from some distance, but rather a small-caliber weapon, probably a silenced pistol.

Having patrolled this area for some time (you didn't get here "just now"), you are aware of the most logical hiding places for such a shot, so you investigate the most likely area, and find the shooter.

Take the difficulty off Purist. You're not impressing anyone.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#7doraemonllh1989Posted 12/2/2012 1:24:01 AM
LLink2411 posted...
I just love getting a clean shot off on a target with a silenced weapon, just to have every enemy in the tri-state area do mental calculations of the bullet trajectory and know my exact location instantly. The impressive part is this that they can do all of this with their backs turned to the action and me crouching behind a wall in the dark

I'm alright with the disguises, but this is broken.

*Stand behind the back of target and npc from a far distance
*Silencer 1 hit head shot target
*everybody notice me and my disguise blown

WTF
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#8GodSlayer66Posted 12/2/2012 7:09:51 AM
People do realize that silencers are actually pretty loud? And the sound is unusual enough that you might look at the direction it came from.
---
This post is now 20% cooler.
#9whiteboygenePosted 12/2/2012 7:48:17 AM
ApolloCreed posted...
Do what everyone else who praises this game does. Don't lower the difficulty, Lower your standards...!

I actually agree with you, this game is good but people refusing to acknowledge the flaws is getting really ridiculous.
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#10myth_makerPosted 12/2/2012 10:25:50 AM
nah. you just have bad timing.
---
push the button frank...