Is there any word on the developers fixing how targets detect being shot?

#11LLink2411(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:18:00 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
If you've got the difficulty jacked up, then yes, they're much better at detecting you.

Put yourself in that position.
You're standing next to a guy who falls backwards, his face exploding in blood. Logic dictates the shot came from in front of him. Depending on which direction you're facing, it's easy to figure out if the shot came from behind you, in front of you, or to either side.

Knowing a bit about firearms, you know that because he still has a head (IMO heads shot with the sniper rifle in this game should explode), your buddy was not shot with a sniper rifle from some distance, but rather a small-caliber weapon, probably a silenced pistol.

Having patrolled this area for some time (you didn't get here "just now"), you are aware of the most logical hiding places for such a shot, so you investigate the most likely area, and find the shooter.

Take the difficulty off Purist. You're not impressing anyone.

Uhh huh...
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#12killyoubig35Posted 12/7/2012 11:17:12 AM
DrNewcenstein posted...
If you've got the difficulty jacked up, then yes, they're much better at detecting you.

You're standing next to a guy who falls backwards, his face exploding in blood. Logic dictates the shot came from in front of him. Depending on which direction you're facing, it's easy to figure out if the shot came from behind you, in front of you, or to either side.

Knowing a bit about firearms, you know that because he still has a head (IMO heads shot with the sniper rifle in this game should explode), your buddy was not shot with a sniper rifle from some distance, but rather a small-caliber weapon, probably a silenced pistol.

Having patrolled this area for some time (you didn't get here "just now"), you are aware of the most logical hiding places for such a shot, so you investigate the most likely area, and find the shooter.

Man this post was hilarious. So you're proposing that this very complex logical thought process that you outlined takes place not only within the span of approximately 2.6 nanoseconds, but that redneck bouncers at a South Dakota strip club are capable of this complex logic at that speed? Right dude, every guard in this game, including redneck bouncers at a South Dakota strip club, are genetically enhanced and have nanomachines that give them superhuman logical capabilities, reaction times, and thought-processing speeds.

I see you're in the minority segment of the population that refuses to admit any flaws with this game.
#13killyoubig35Posted 12/7/2012 11:18:37 AM
Meant to say "bar" in my last message, was picturing the strip club level. Point remains.
#14LLink2411(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:18:47 AM
Well it's pretty obvious the guards are augmented.

What a shame.
---
This is the internet, we have millions of people taking out their problems, inadequacies, and hang-ups on others anonymously... like a digitized stress-ball.
#15ApolloCreedPosted 12/8/2012 5:30:32 AM
killyoubig35 posted...
DrNewcenstein posted...

Man this post was hilarious. So you're proposing that this very complex logical thought process that you outlined takes place not only within the span of approximately 2.6 nanoseconds, but that redneck bouncers at a South Dakota strip club are capable of this complex logic at that speed? Right dude, every guard in this game, including redneck bouncers at a South Dakota strip club, are genetically enhanced and have nanomachines that give them superhuman logical capabilities, reaction times, and thought-processing speeds.

I see you're in the minority segment of the population that refuses to admit any flaws with this game.

</perfection>

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#16SavottPosted 12/8/2012 7:33:11 AM
I make clean headshots all the time without people seeing me. Yeah they'll be alerted if they see someone die or if they find the body, but I've never had them straight up go hostile when I do it.

Are you shooting them from hidden areas that aren't easily detectable?
---
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make the Xbox 360.
#17borrrnPosted 12/8/2012 8:56:38 AM
Savott posted...
I make clean headshots all the time without people seeing me. Yeah they'll be alerted if they see someone die or if they find the body, but I've never had them straight up go hostile when I do it.

Are you shooting them from hidden areas that aren't easily detectable?

what difficulty? I found that only possible on easy and very rarely on normal, on the higher difficulties no way, even a punch grabs the attention from people one floor below me.
---
goin' with the flow