If your disguise is suspicious, is there a way to get away without killing?

#1Inuyasha4Posted 12/3/2012 12:38:05 PM
If you get detected in a disguise and he is asking you to stay put and let him look at you, if you walk to a hide area and hide, he will stand there and look at you for a bit and then he will leave you alone.

Is there a way to do this without having a hiding spot around? Like walk away and lose suspicion without having to kill the guard?
---
"really good squads accept defeat"- Portknocks
A Proud beater of Craigory8787 and Winner of the 2006 GFAQS MGO Tournament!
#2sknmakPosted 12/3/2012 1:55:10 PM
If you get detected in a disguise and he is asking you to stay put and let him look at you, if you walk to a hide area and hide, he will stand there and look at you for a bit and then he will leave you alone.

Is there a way to do this without having a hiding spot around? Like walk away and lose suspicion without having to kill the guard?

Yes and no.

I have actually been questioned and let off the hook without using any instinct or hiding. It's random and it depends on the NPC[s]. Usually if its a civilian they will be less likely to pursue you. Unfortunately you'll encounter mostly a$$ holes. While they are talking about you [becoming suspicious] that will probably be your only chance to get away from their point of view [do not let them see you "run" away so walk]. I'm playing on Purist Mode so 99.7% of the time the enemies will literally run after you to get a good look at you after questioning you. At other times they will drop it and go back to doing whatever it was they were doing before.

As for your question is there a way to do this without hiding. As I said above yes and no. Some enemies will let you pass. Otherwise will chase your down for answers [even if your face is covered with a mask lol - let me get a better look at you.] If you "subdue" the guard\enemy that doesn't count as a "kill" so to speak. So lets say the NPC pulls his gun on you.....you can "Fake surrender" then knock the enemy out without killing him. That's one way you could handle it. However you can't do this in the view of other NPC. A flock of bullets will come your way or a crowd of people will run in fear. Or try walking away to a different area without running. It's rather difficult on the higher difficulty levels.
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#3googlerPosted 12/3/2012 2:39:11 PM
Is it a bug maybe that I'm going through. I'm only playing on the 1st professional difficulty and if I'm in disguise AND using the "trick" move the entire duration - it doesn't even work Their awareness of me just shoots up all the way unless I outright hide against something. I have no way to get through the "Hope Fair" level. I can't take a step in costume longer than it takes to alert them aside from hunkering down in the bar and literally kill everybody as they run in to take me down
#4Inuyasha4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 2:41:47 PM
Hmm so random?

By the way, to clarify for everyone as I just reread my first post, when I say hide, I mean going up to maybe a brochure and picking it up or playing with a vending machine at the train station. Any hide points that make you invisible in disguise.

In terms of knocking them out, thats what I normally do but the hitting of the guy while fake surrendering makes so much noise that everyone hears and comes over.
---
"really good squads accept defeat"- Portknocks
A Proud beater of Craigory8787 and Winner of the 2006 GFAQS MGO Tournament!