was this game poorly received??

#1rotevilnemisisPosted 12/7/2012 7:31:57 PM
I already have this game and enjoy it thoroughly but my friend told me its already down to $40 which seems qick
---
only the great ones return
#2PostalDudesHerePosted 12/7/2012 8:34:43 PM
it was only poorly received by Apollo, lol. no, the reason it's cheaper is because of the christmas season so they can get more new sales, many big titles do it every year.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#3LazyyAmericanPosted 12/7/2012 9:18:11 PM
Because the majority dictate 100% fact to everyone /sarcasm
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#4Erik_PPosted 12/7/2012 9:37:30 PM
PostalDudesHere posted...
it was only poorly received by Apollo, lol. no, the reason it's cheaper is because of the christmas season so they can get more new sales, many big titles do it every year.

Stupid post is really, really stupid
---
Knock knock! Who's there? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! - Face McShooty
#5PostalDudesHerePosted 12/7/2012 9:43:25 PM
Erik_P posted...
PostalDudesHere posted...

Stupid post is really, really stupid

the first part was meant to be stupid and exaggerated, the second part is true.
---
#6bhamacukPosted 12/8/2012 1:38:49 AM
True. Halo 4 and Forza Horizon have been reduced at Game. I wish they'd knock the price of Far Cry 3!
#7ApolloCreedPosted 12/8/2012 5:54:26 AM(edited)
To answer your question, yes it was poorly received and that is also the reason for the quick price reduction. Since when has anyone heard of a brand new game going down in price before the holidays when they stand to sell the most copies...? Don't games normally go down in price after the holidays...? But that's Postal for you; can't think logically.

They're worried that at 60 bucks the game won't sell many copies during the Christmas season so they dropped the price. If the game was well received and they thought that it would sell a lot regardless of the price wouldn't they just keep it at 60 and make more money...? Postal, If you really think they dropped the price to be nice to people for the holidays then you're on crack.

Now that the cat's out of the bag and everyone knows that it isn't a Hitman game, they have no choice but to drop the price or risk missing out during the Christmas season. TC pretty much answered his own question.

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#8Gobey6Posted 12/8/2012 8:20:36 AM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/943495-hitman-absolution/critic

This game was not poorly received.... Lots of 7, 8, and 9/10 scores...
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#9doraemonllh1989Posted 12/8/2012 8:51:56 AM
The game just not as good as a hitman game

did you look at hitmanforums?it is messy
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#10PostalDudesHerePosted 12/8/2012 12:54:15 PM
ApolloCreed posted...
To answer your question, yes it was poorly received and that is also the reason for the quick price reduction. Since when has anyone heard of a brand new game going down in price before the holidays when they stand to sell the most copies...? Don't games normally go down in price after the holidays...? But that's Postal for you; can't think logically.

more wrong from Apollo. seriously, your immature hatred for this game has blinded you. new games do price drops around christmas all the time, it's not to be nice, it's to sell more copies, if you sell it for a bit less during a big spending time you can sell more copies and make more money, it's called smart marketing...but I won't expect someone with the IQ and logic of a 5 yr. old like yourself to understand that. I'm sorry that your obsession with this game has caused you to lose touch on reality but everything you've said is wrong.
---