This game is boring as hell

#21atomsteelePosted 1/18/2013 3:32:11 AM
I.e. a stickler for cannon and afraid of change Imo. Expecting a game to stick to a previously established formula without a real evolution in style or gameplay. If It were up to them every game would be a dIrect sequel of the prevIous game.These are generally the same people screaming.. "There's only one real Star Trek"...or..."This isn't a Hitman game!"

They will probably hide behind this definition from Wikipedia..." A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences."

The truth is closer to this...the Webster's dictionary version...." a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition...."
#22MlCKHEADPosted 1/19/2013 8:54:18 PM
atomsteele posted...
I.e. a stickler for cannon and afraid of change Imo. Expecting a game to stick to a previously established formula without a real evolution in style or gameplay. If It were up to them every game would be a dIrect sequel of the prevIous game.These are generally the same people screaming.. "There's only one real Star Trek"...or..."This isn't a Hitman game!"

They will probably hide behind this definition from Wikipedia..." A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences."

The truth is closer to this...the Webster's dictionary version...." a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition...."

Change is good when the changes made are good. This changes made to this franchise are awful.
---
GT: MlCKHEAD (the 'I' is actually an 'L')
#23PostalDudesHerePosted 1/20/2013 6:47:11 PM
MlCKHEAD posted...
atomsteele posted...

Change is good when the changes made are good. This changes made to this franchise are awful.

the opinion of a known hater/troll doesn't mean much. every single change worked perfectly for what they wanted to do with the game. it's not their fault that you purists are so close-minded and can't enjoy anything that's not copy/paste.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#24ShELbY_GT500Posted 1/20/2013 7:56:41 PM
I cant really blame people for expecting Absolution to follow the original formula and then be let down by the changes. The original formula worked well. Most sequels to a last generation console that have been released on this gen console have all changed their formula and majority of them were not as good imo. Ill list a few that Im dissapointed in from experience:

FF XIII - Ive never played a game so linear in my entire life

Driver 5 - They added a whole bunch of repetative activities and gave us only a few story missions that was easy as hell which made the game feel too shallow

The Elder Scrolls - With each installment they are dumbing it dowb and with less original content

GTA IV - Sure the PHYSICS!!! Thats the only argument the GTA IV fanboys use, but apart from that the game took out most of the fun stuff I enjoyed

Ill admit when buying Absolution that I was expecting the same style as Silent Assassin but I atleast liked what was given to us.
---
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg
More topics from this board...
Info is Power Achlegionisvegas47/28 10:51PM