So, What is the best Hitman game?

#21fat_irish_guyPosted 2/2/2013 4:20:43 PM
lumlumlummm posted...
For me it's Blood Money > Absolution = Contracts > Silent Assassin > Codename 47

Mines basically the same Blood Money>Contracts>Absoultion>SA>47
im just playing through it now on the hd collection and to all thos people who disliked Absoultion and im a long term fan of the series SA is hard to sit through its bring backs memorys, but the glitchs, enemy Ai especially on the death of the doctor mission really showed me why it is behind contracts and absoultion still a great game tho.
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2,Dark Souls
#22lightfighterPosted 2/2/2013 6:38:42 PM
Imo, Absolution has the best gameplay.
#23chappersPosted 2/3/2013 5:20:06 AM
Contracts got me into the series so I like it for that reason, plus there are some brilliant levels on that game.

I remember playing Silent Assassin after playing Contracts a few years back, had its fun moments but the game was so buggy and just annoying to go through, really held me back from enjoying it tbh. I'm sure there's a level where you have to sit in the back of a truck and avoid being spotted, yet it was completely bugged and impossible to do without being spotted, hated that level. I've always been kind of confused why people like Silent Assassin the most, it has some lush levels but the fact its so broken would surely put anyone off of it?

Blood Money I played the hell out of when I got it on 360, one of the best games this generation imo.

Absolution has been a blast and been in my console regularly the past month or two, I think there's lots of replay value as well, reckon I'll keep it and maybe pick up the HD Trilogy at some point so I have the complete collection. Also genuinely surprised at the amount of content on offer with this game, I was expecting it to be complete in a few hours.
#24RARuskPosted 2/3/2013 11:41:55 AM
chappers posted...
I remember playing Silent Assassin after playing Contracts a few years back, had its fun moments but the game was so buggy and just annoying to go through, really held me back from enjoying it tbh. I'm sure there's a level where you have to sit in the back of a truck and avoid being spotted, yet it was completely bugged and impossible to do without being spotted, hated that level. I've always been kind of confused why people like Silent Assassin the most, it has some lush levels but the fact its so broken would surely put anyone off of it?

The level you are referring to, "Hidden Valley", is NOT bugged. They put in the roadblock inside the tunnel to prevent you from using the truck the entire way otherwise it would've been too easy. You have to get out of the truck before the roadblock and find a way past them on foot. You'll be spotted more than likely but, if you do things correctly, you can knock out your pursuer while he is checking out your ID.

However, it is bugged in two ways. First, even though you are covered from head to toe, including wearing black gloves (in the X360 version), they will know you are not one of them which is, obviously, lame.

The second bug involves the roadblock. Sometimes, on random occasions, one of the ninjas there will get run over. Nothing wrong with that but it will generate two warnings which will count against your score even though YOU ABSOLUTELY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM GETTING HIS DUMB ASS RUN OVER! To make matters more aggravating how often this happens depends on what platform you are playing on.

Based on what I learned when I wrote my "Silent Assassin" guide years ago this problem happens quite frequently on the GameCube version but rarely on the others (PS2, Xbox, PC). Based on what I have played of the X360 version so far it appears that this problem occurs just as frequently on this platform than on the NGC version. However, I should point out that I was playing on the Expert difficulty setting and I have yet to try this on Normal.
---
"it's the gamefaqs train! ROLLING IN A CIRCLE, MISSING THE POINT. choo chooo!!!!!" - Planet_Terror
#25RARuskPosted 2/3/2013 10:05:32 PM
To add to my thoughts on "Hidden Valley", I played it on Professional today. Sedated the Guard by the Crossbow to get his Outfit. Took the truck and got out before the roadblock. Ran past the roadblock, got spotted but Sedated the Guard who chased me while he was checking my ID. Got back in a truck just beyond the roadblock and safely rode it outside and to the Exit Point.

However, while I was Sedating the tunnel Guard, *TWO* of his ninja buddies got run over by a truck which resulted in *THREE* warnings and a Professional rating even though I played this mission as perfectly as one can do it. It's random crap like this that makes this game more brutal than it really needs to be. And, if you thought the Guards were twitchy at Normal difficulty, they're really bad on Professional.
---
"it's the gamefaqs train! ROLLING IN A CIRCLE, MISSING THE POINT. choo chooo!!!!!" - Planet_Terror
#26Gobey6Posted 2/5/2013 11:16:49 PM
After replaying the HD trilogy this week my favorite Hitman titles have changed....

My personal favorite is probably Hitman 2... Which used to be my least favorite...

That's followed closely by absolution and contracts and then finally blood money...

But as far as which Hitman titles are the best games gameplay and content wise.... Definitely Blood Money and Absolution
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#27git2thechoppaPosted 2/18/2013 7:28:53 PM
I don't see why anything other than a mass majority saying Blood Money would happen. One of those games that transcends and sticks with you. Sometimes it just takes a theme, a killer song and unsophisticated gameplay.

Hitman 2 would be at the top too if it wasn't for the game-ruining AI. Contracts was a safe 7/10 game. Solid but forgettable. Not bad yet not amazing. Absolution had good gameplay but was missing something, and the plot didn't make sense a few times. Not as in Matrix-level complexity, but Heavy Rain levels of "why the hell is he doing that?"

Haven't played the first Hitman.
---
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.
#28YamchafangPosted 3/3/2013 5:28:51 AM
Side note - you can get a Silent Assassin ranking on the last part of Blood Money (where you wake up at the "funeral")
---
Co-Founder of SC7 Visual Novel Studios
http://chordprogressiondevblog.blogspot.com/
#29gobuffalo30Posted 3/7/2013 5:48:23 PM
Definitely Blood Money. Every level was fun and interesting, different scenery, etc.

However, Absolution is boring for me because more than half the time you're sneaking, trying not to be seen. Get to a save point and you do the exact same thing that level too.
#30batman_792Posted 3/14/2013 6:47:30 PM
My list would probably be:

1) Blood Money - While it lacked the weapons of Contracts, it had the most interesting level design and creative ways to execute the targets. The notoriety feature was also really cool, and it was rewarding to see a headline of what went down.

2) Contracts - The level design was great, and it took the better parts of C:47 and remade them. The weapon select was also great (Silenced AK47? Duel-wielded Sawn-Offs? Yes please). The whole thing had a dark and dreary atmosphere too, very cool. My only issue was that 47 kind of "glided" around, and felt too loose.

3) Absolution - It was hard to put this ahead of SA, but I had to. Gameplay-wise, Hitman has never been better. Garroting and knocking out people has never been easier. Gone are the days of "positioning" yourself in front of a switch to make sure you're able to activate it. Sadly, the devs opted for a more streamlined approach with levels and segments that felt pointless and offered little in terms of creativity.

4) Silent Assassin - A large step forward for our man 47, but still quite draconian in terms of level design and AI. Hidden Valley and At The Gates are inexcusably glitchy. Getting an SA rating often involved sneaking behind guards and circling them as they turn around, and a mixture of luck and exploiting the poor AI was often the only way to be truly "silent". "Hey Mr. Diplomat, you cant be in the janitor's closet! I'm going to shoot at you with my gun", yet a white bald man dressed like a Taliban terrorist arouses no suspicion...Still a fun game if you have PATIENCE

5) Codename: 47 - Humble beginnings for Mr. 47. We're all glad this game exists, but we rarely choose to play it. Revolutionary but completely dated. Playing "Traditions of the Trade" using cheats is probably still the most awesome thing ever though
More topics from this board...
Info is Power Achlegionisvegas47/28 10:51PM