Wow this is cheaper new than the trilogy.

#1whats_a_fanboyPosted 1/31/2013 5:51:36 PM
$30 at gamestop now. I am loving this game. Was gonna get the trilogy but I don't think I'll like going back and losing all the features they added here. Maybe get it of the PSN with my free game thing. But what a good deal for this new one.
#2Gobey6Posted 2/1/2013 10:31:07 AM
I just got the trilogy.... It's tough to go back to those old controls after playing absolution but there's something that's still very fun about the old ones....

But I agree that absolution is just phenomenal in gameplay execution. I've played hitman absolution now more than black ops 2 or far cry 3... I love contracts mode so much...

It's sad that the take has that save glitch or I'd replay the story some more.

I can't wait for the next game... Hopefully there are more levels like king of Chinatown, welcome to hope, the courthouse, etc...

And hopefully the police aren't actively hunting you the whole game either
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#3M4karovPosted 2/1/2013 5:15:10 PM
I just got the trilogy and was looking into Absolution thinking it would be cool to get both, then I found out Jesper Kyd and the voice actor who did 47 all those years aren't in this game... so disappointed.
#4Erik_PPosted 2/1/2013 7:38:28 PM
Best Buy is running a sale on the trilogy for $25. It was a glitch at first but then they turned it into a legit sale.
---
Yippee ki yay Mr Falcon
#5theos666Posted 2/1/2013 9:50:03 PM
M4karov posted...
I just got the trilogy and was looking into Absolution thinking it would be cool to get both, then I found out Jesper Kyd and the voice actor who did 47 all those years aren't in this game... so disappointed.

Jesper Kyd is not the composer, but David Bateaon is still the voice actor.
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
#6M4karovPosted 2/2/2013 12:49:58 AM
theos666 posted...
M4karov posted...

Wow they got him back? I may get the game then. Might seem silly but I was very worried they lost the spirit of the games.
#7theos666Posted 2/2/2013 11:17:48 AM
M4karov posted...
theos666 posted...
M4karov posted...

Wow they got him back? I may get the game then. Might seem silly but I was very worried they lost the spirit of the games.

Most of us were. It was not a deal breaker for me. I just wanted another Hitman game.
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
#8Gobey6Posted 2/2/2013 8:01:03 PM
M4karov posted...
theos666 posted...
M4karov posted...

The spirit of the games are still there... I like the soundtrack in absolution... It's fitting for the story... The game is a bit more story driven than before which is good in parts and rather silly in others but is an enjoyable tale of agent 47...

The game itself is very fluid to play and there is still a lot of experimentation and exploring to do in many of the levels...

But the levels are segmented and a few of them are really just stealth puzzles to reach the next stage... In this regards absolution is structured much more like Hitman 2 than blood money or contracts...

Bit it's enjoyable and probably my new favorite hitman game... I'm especially addicted to contacts mode... It's totally worth $30

There is an unfortunate save glicth tho... Back up your save files to cloud storage or a USB drive....

That's the real drawback here and is pretty crappy to have to accept
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#9whats_a_fanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:28:03 AM
One name, Powers Boothe.
#10casedawgzPosted 2/3/2013 10:40:37 PM
whats_a_fanboy posted...
One name, Powers Boothe.

I thought Keith Carradine outdid himself.