What I disliked about this game - **MAJOR SPOILERS**

#1RhyswrPosted 2/7/2013 6:09:25 AM
Ok, just in case no one read the title properly, I'll say it again:

**MAJOR SPOILERS**

It has been well documented that this game has caused some annoyances from Hitman fans. After completing the game, I can certainly see why there has been a lot of hate and love for this installment. However, although I did enjoy the game for the most part, here were my biggest problems with it:

47 gets captured with ridiculous ease TWICE in the story line.

You don't get to assassinate Travis in the Epilogue, only a lame cut-scene instead.

There are no consequences to going on a rampage through a mission, and barely any benefits to completing a mission with a Silent Assassin rating.

Far too many of the mission are linear sneak missions. A good innovation, but way overused.

I hate the new disguise system. "I know every hired goon who's ever lived, and you're not one of them! What's that, you're dressed as a chef? Don't recognise you, so feel free to go anywhere you like!"

You don't have Silverballers for the majority of the game.

There were many things that I liked, such as the new instinct system, and some of the more "traditional" Hitman missions, such as King of Chinatown and the Penthouse section of Blackwater Park, were superb. It is just that the problems that I have listed above left a sour taste for me. Such a shame, as this could have easily been the magnus opus for the Hitman series.
---
Laws are a tedious business and counting coppers is worse
#2zenandiPosted 2/7/2013 7:32:57 AM
Rhyswr posted...

Your objectivity is now suspect.

After Birdie's Gift, you're pretty much rolling with them all the time. And that is easily more than 50% of the game.
#3Rhyswr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:52:49 AM
zenandi posted...
Rhyswr posted...

Your objectivity is now suspect.

After Birdie's Gift, you're pretty much rolling with them all the time. And that is easily more than 50% of the game.

Ok, perhaps "majority of the game" was somewhat of an overstatement.

"You are without your Silverballers for over 1/3 of the game" would be more accurate. Is my objectivity now restored?
---
#4zenandiPosted 2/7/2013 9:55:40 AM
On that little issue, yes. :)
#5Moss_27Posted 2/7/2013 6:28:56 PM
I agree with the story lacking logic and believability often.

I really like the instinct system. It offered even more strategy, suspense, and timing to the gameplay. After getting a hang of the game and AI, I didn't have any issues with the disguise system or running out of instinct.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#6VypernightPosted 2/9/2013 9:31:02 AM
My only real issues with Story Mode are:

1. You have to pick the lock and not be seen to escape most levels. And considering picking the lock takes a bit, I've had perfect runs end in bloodshed and lost points because I was spotted and couldn't move since I was busy picking the lock.

2. Melee fights being in quicktime, while everything around you (shooting, clocks, escapes) are in real time. So you're going in slow motion trying to beat someone up while people can freely shoot you all they want.

At least Contracts Mode fixed the first one.
#7Gobey6Posted 2/12/2013 10:10:50 AM
Contracts mode for me is the saving grace of this game.... I love playing other peoples hits and trying to create my own challenging ones....

The campaign was fun but the story is a bit absurd in places.... Killer nuns are dumb... Even if the cornfield was fun...

And yea I see how people would miss the set up of blood money or contracts... This game with it's segmented levels and target free areas and story focus feels more like an updated version of hitman 2...

But I loved this game... It's tied right now with hitman 2 as my personal favorite of the series and I can't stop playing contracts mode.....

Hopefully however the next one is structured differently and without the bugs that this one has... Save games anybody?

Tweak disguises a bit to make it more like hitman 2 or contracts... Or tweak the instinct system... And yes even tho I enjoyed the stealth mechanics of this game.... Levels like run for your life and the police station and county fair are not as fun as levels like king of Chinatown, courthouse, shaving lenny, or black water park...

Here's hoping the next one fixes these and expands contracts mode
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#8elaukaPosted 2/13/2013 11:57:12 AM
totally agree with everything you said haha i want the old way back, but i dont think we'll see that happen
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)
#9TheCongoPosted 2/13/2013 8:04:06 PM
Even though it is player choice, the wrestling mission is ridiculous.

How 47 rips off his mask and reveals his face to a crowd, is just insanity. The real 47 would never do such a thing.

Here is a formula that would work:

- Disguise system of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.
- Story development of Absolution.
- Original Hitman style missions, not linear Absolution style missions.
- Combat system of Absolution.
- Visuals of Absolution.
- Loadout choice option as seen in Blood Money.
- Bring back Jesper Kyd to do the soundtrack.

Imagine this people, just imagine....

It frustrates me, because Absolution's gunplay was fantastic. The combat was great. Shooting a target with a silenced Silverballer felt so awesome.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#10Rhyswr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 4:44:02 AM
TheCongo posted...
Even though it is player choice, the wrestling mission is ridiculous.

How 47 rips off his mask and reveals his face to a crowd, is just insanity. The real 47 would never do such a thing.

Here is a formula that would work:

- Disguise system of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.
- Story development of Absolution.
- Original Hitman style missions, not linear Absolution style missions.
- Combat system of Absolution.
- Visuals of Absolution.
- Loadout choice option as seen in Blood Money.
- Bring back Jesper Kyd to do the soundtrack.

Imagine this people, just imagine....

It frustrates me, because Absolution's gunplay was fantastic. The combat was great. Shooting a target with a silenced Silverballer felt so awesome.

The frustration of how good it could have been was the biggest gripe for me too.

With the mission that you mention, I cannot understand why this was split up and not done as a classic Hitman mission. What was the point in having the separate hangar and arena areas?
---