Why is Dexter so obsessed over 10 Million dollars...?

#1randomdude360Posted 2/10/2013 8:50:03 AM
He owns a corporation and a state-of-the-art facility, employs literally hundreds upon hundreds of elite level scientists and security forces etc

He probably earns more than five times that in a year, probably has individual patents worth more than that and yet he is willing to risk everything for such a trivial amount??
---
Not changing this sig until i can think of something better. Started 16/3/2011
#2nikku88Posted 2/10/2013 3:47:22 PM
Yeah. This is probably the biggest plot hole in the game. His assets make him seem like a billionaire but when he's on screen he acts like a 2 bit hick.
---
GT: The Cripplers
#3tmkslay88Posted 2/10/2013 5:52:03 PM
That...is a good question lol. I never thought of that. Your right though, he seems to be rolling in cash, but flips out over 10 mil? Doesnt he own Blackwater hotel? Not to mention that weapons manufacturing plant...yea that is a total plothole.
#4randomdude360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:47:04 AM
Its weird right? The plot is so simple and yet so bad. It makes me think that any of us could probably have written a better plot on a cereal box, and they had a whole team being paid to work on it.

In the *SPOILERS BELOW*

*Cutscene where Victoria 'switches on' and kills like 10 special forces I thought that some kind of twist might happen with her becoming some kind of unstoppable assassin. But then its back to 'rescue the innocent school girl. Typical Japanese storywriting!
---
Not changing this sig until i can think of something better. Started 16/3/2011
#5atomsteelePosted 2/11/2013 6:49:43 AM
Very true. Maybe his money is tied up in his assets and holdings and this was supposed to be quick nontraceable untaxed income?
No matter how you slice it... Its a paltry amount to ask for a genetically engineered super assassin who is activated by a radioactive isotope!? What!? It would have taken decades and billions to make that happen!
Maybe it wasnt about the money. Maybe it was about sticking it to the agency and the amount was arbitrary.
#6The_Prophet_78Posted 2/12/2013 4:59:16 PM
It is simply the greed of the white man.
---
FACT if somehow everyone on gamefaqs was mailed a $100 bill, tons of topics would come up with people complaining that theirs was wrinkled
#7elaukaPosted 2/13/2013 12:53:58 PM
wow yeah your totally right lol. i really kinda hate him as a villian, i wish they did i better job with that
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)
#8TheCongoPosted 2/13/2013 8:33:17 PM
Rich people just want more and more. He is a businessman. He is a greedy man.

It does seem extremely illogical, but after all, Dexter is a complete idiot.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#9VideoMasterPosted 2/14/2013 10:14:48 AM
tmkslay88 posted...
That...is a good question lol. I never thought of that.

---
www.youtube.com/frankswarjournal - DVD updates, general movie related vlogs, etc.
#10DrNewcensteinPosted 2/14/2013 4:14:08 PM
If you listen to his conversation with Layla before you crawl in the vent to get beat up by Sanchez, she says they're low on cash, and he talks about how Victoria's their cash cow. Presumably the $10 mil is just to fund the initial research (i.e. payroll and post-it notes), with the larger payoff coming later when they sell the data to various governments.

Even then it seems cheap. I mean, why not $100 mil?
Are IOI still in Eastern Europe under a currency that is worth so much less than the USD?
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.