BM's demo

#1remotecar3Posted 2/18/2013 11:11:19 AM
I know this is the Absolution board but since the BM board is dead I thought I'd ask here.

So I just played the BM demo on Live after hearing good things about it and was wondering how accurate of a representation it was to the actual game. I'm thinking about picking up the HD collection because the gameplay looks fun, but if the levels are all this linear in nature then I won't bother. I know I could just youtube it but I'd prefer to be surprised when I come across an awesome level.

Thanks, guys.
---
No mustard on my bike
#2Gobey6Posted 2/18/2013 11:29:46 AM
Get the trilogy bro... Blood money is my least favorite hitman game but it's still an amazing game that I enjoy a lot... I just like the other three console games better...

Anyways the demo level in blood money is a tutorial level and is nowhere near as open as the rest of the game... The second mission alone is way bigger and it immediately stops holding your hand after that...

The older two games if you can get accustomed to dated controls are also amazing experiences... I like contracts better than blood money actually as an open murder playground, and I like hitman 2 the best of the older ones because it's such a complete experience as far as missions and story goes... It does have a couple of more linear segments too and about 5 levels that are a real pain but that's out of 20+ missions

But blood money is indeed not like the demo
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#3remotecar3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:58:27 PM
Okay, thanks. I'm still leaning on the edge of this purchase (never played Hitman before, except for like 10 seconds in Contracts), but it's good to know that it isn't linear.

Anyone else have something to say to someone looking to get into these games?
---
No mustard on my bike
#4randymgreenPosted 2/18/2013 8:22:39 PM
Yeah, get the trilogy, it's not that expensive for 3 games. I love all 3 , and do not like Absolution much by comparison. Hitman 2 is really awesome but since the controls are dated it takes a while to appreciate it. It has the best missions. Contracts is probably the most "complete" Hitman experience with proper control refinements.

Blood Money was good, but was the beginning of new features over quality missions, and ultimately lead to Absolution, which is a good game by itself but a really bad Hitman game.

I look forward to the day when Hitman: Absolution is just a distant memory of a game I haven't played in a very long time.
#5Airborne6176Posted 2/19/2013 5:26:10 AM
You cannot go wrong with any of the console Hitman games, especially BM. The Trilogy is one of the best compilation out there for old and new Hitman Players. I'm kind upset for IO to take as long as they did to release it.

Still waiting on an HD Freedom Fighters (or its true sequel)...
---
PSN & XBL: AIRBORNE6176
"The mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open."
#6elaukaPosted 2/19/2013 12:03:25 PM
well BM is very open world, i would say pick up the trilogy, i plan on it after it goes down in price.
---
GT-Elduka1 (if you want to add me tell me your from here)
#7remotecar3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:52:04 PM
Alright, thanks everyone! I will be picking it up but not now, as my xbox just recently decided to stop reading my discs. But thanks again!
---
No mustard on my bike
#8baueris24Posted 2/20/2013 7:07:18 AM
By the way TC, if you buy a first run copy of the game, it comes with a limited edition art book (the book is also the case for the games). I got my copy from Gamespot and it was the only one that they had.