weren't previous hitman games...

#1xninjagrrlPosted 3/4/2013 5:21:01 AM
big open world sand box type levels? I have been encountering alot of boring linear levels in Absolution. Feels more like the boring parts of Splinter Cell Conviction than Hitman. Maybe I am wrong as I barely played the previous hitman games.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#2Gobey6Posted 3/4/2013 9:23:07 AM
no contracts and blood money were indeed more opened up than some of the segments in absolution...

Keep playing though... There are some shining moments in absolution that are classic hitman
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#3BodeciaBustPosted 3/4/2013 10:20:13 AM
You are exactly right. It's like it was made by a completely different developer under the instruction that the series was being... ugh... rebooted.

Wait, maybe that is what happened.
---
Made you look.
#4gobuffalo30Posted 3/7/2013 5:46:04 PM
Agreed TC. Most of the time you're sneaking around, sneak to this point, maybe take out one target, and then do it again in the next segment. The only thing Hitman is the name, the character appearance, and the characters themselves. Nothing like Hitman other than those.
#5Flub-A-DubPosted 3/8/2013 11:50:11 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
The only thing Hitman is the name, the character appearance, and the characters themselves.

Not even that last one.
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#6gobuffalo30Posted 3/8/2013 12:48:59 PM
Flub-A-Dub posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
The only thing Hitman is the name, the character appearance, and the characters themselves.

Not even that last one.

I was meaning like the names, more specifically agent 47 and Diana.
#7Shellman704Posted 3/9/2013 6:08:52 PM(edited)
Lol this.game is hitman,

Believe it or nor, i like.absolution, i feel like it is current gen (where blood money was last gen) "hitmam"...

2/3 of first half of the game I felt like a fugitive not an assassin but the more i played the more i understood the game...
the "filler" parts of absolution, where you play escapeman, that is essentially just the player not leaving 47 in between hits or assassinations. I do feel the hits are kinda lite in terms of number of targets total in game, contracts mode satisfys the go from one.hit to the.next hit craving.

I expect the.next hitman game to to be story driven like absolution but will/should have more.assassinations total in game and more in the early game...

I feel half the absolution haters formed their opinion early in play and have refused to budge even after game completion and contracts exhaustion.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution
#8TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 3/10/2013 4:35:31 PM
Shellman704 posted...
I feel half the absolution haters formed their opinion early in play and have refused to budge even after game completion and contracts exhaustion.

Sounds more like you're the very thing you accuse others of being. You feel your opinion is more valid than others, and are stubborn in that belief.
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#9Shellman704Posted 3/10/2013 7:04:11 PM(edited)
I dont feel my opinion is correct or anything like that sorry you feel that way.

How bout you dont add to this opinion and actually state why you feel my opinion is wrong. I will gladly listen/read.

And how do i suffer from the same thing i pointed out? That is people not moving off their opinion they formed early game? I have stated (if not in this thread elsewhere) that i didnt like absolution at first and felt like it ventured too far from the original hitman fornula. By the time i finished the game (well 19/20 levels before game crashed) my opinion had indeed changed, the very thing you accuse me of being victim to...

Please dont flame and please try to say something meaningful, try to explain why you dislike the game maybe you will be better received. Half of what i read is "game sucks it is not hitman" without any explanation. Sounds a little like band wagoning to me...

I have fully explained why i didnt like absolution at first and why i have formed a positive opinion since then.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution
#10TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 3/11/2013 5:45:57 PM
Shellman704 posted...
I dont feel my opinion is correct or anything like that sorry you feel that way.

How bout you dont add to this opinion and actually state why you feel my opinion is wrong. I will gladly listen/read.

And how do i suffer from the same thing i pointed out? That is people not moving off their opinion they formed early game? I have stated (if not in this thread elsewhere) that i didnt like absolution at first and felt like it ventured too far from the original hitman fornula. By the time i finished the game (well 19/20 levels before game crashed) my opinion had indeed changed, the very thing you accuse me of being victim to...

Please dont flame and please try to say something meaningful, try to explain why you dislike the game maybe you will be better received. Half of what i read is "game sucks it is not hitman" without any explanation. Sounds a little like band wagoning to me...

I have fully explained why i didnt like absolution at first and why i have formed a positive opinion since then.

What's the short version of this post?
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.