weren't previous hitman games...

#11one1sh0tPosted 3/15/2013 10:46:25 AM
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
Shellman704 posted...
I dont feel my opinion is correct or anything like that sorry you feel that way.

How bout you dont add to this opinion and actually state why you feel my opinion is wrong. I will gladly listen/read.

And how do i suffer from the same thing i pointed out? That is people not moving off their opinion they formed early game? I have stated (if not in this thread elsewhere) that i didnt like absolution at first and felt like it ventured too far from the original hitman fornula. By the time i finished the game (well 19/20 levels before game crashed) my opinion had indeed changed, the very thing you accuse me of being victim to...

Please dont flame and please try to say something meaningful, try to explain why you dislike the game maybe you will be better received. Half of what i read is "game sucks it is not hitman" without any explanation. Sounds a little like band wagoning to me...

I have fully explained why i didnt like absolution at first and why i have formed a positive opinion since then.

What's the short version of this post?

11 sentences. Tough work.
#12VaporFoxPosted 3/15/2013 2:37:25 PM
one1sh0t posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
Shellman704 posted...
I dont feel my opinion is correct or anything like that sorry you feel that way.

How bout you dont add to this opinion and actually state why you feel my opinion is wrong. I will gladly listen/read.

And how do i suffer from the same thing i pointed out? That is people not moving off their opinion they formed early game? I have stated (if not in this thread elsewhere) that i didnt like absolution at first and felt like it ventured too far from the original hitman fornula. By the time i finished the game (well 19/20 levels before game crashed) my opinion had indeed changed, the very thing you accuse me of being victim to...

Please dont flame and please try to say something meaningful, try to explain why you dislike the game maybe you will be better received. Half of what i read is "game sucks it is not hitman" without any explanation. Sounds a little like band wagoning to me...

I have fully explained why i didnt like absolution at first and why i have formed a positive opinion since then.

What's the short version of this post?

You have to remember the average person on the internet has the attention span of a circus chimp. I've seen people do the "TL;DR" crap over a simple 4-sentence paragraph before. >_>
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#13TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 3/15/2013 5:49:33 PM
one1sh0t posted...

VaporFox posted...
You have to remember the average person on the internet has the attention span of a circus chimp. I've seen people do the "TL;DR" crap over a simple 4-sentence paragraph before. >_>

Nothing to do with attention span, it's to do with logic. WHY would I read anything more than a sentence or two from someone who is posting just to rant? I don't live on the internet (any more), I have completely no reason to read such large posts. Only times it would make sense to would be if I was asking a question or if I knew the person.
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#14PurlinnWarclubPosted 3/17/2013 4:31:13 PM
yea you right bout that. but now its all like go here. go there. no not ther you can`t go that way thin air is blockin acess. now go thru the door. then another door. now follow dat path.
---
'Then' = a point in time. 'Than' = a comparison of something. You gon' get it right or what son?
#15DrNewcensteinPosted 3/19/2013 5:12:19 AM
None of the previous games were "sandbox", they just had bigger levels. Once you started a given level, you had a large area to work in. Or as it was for quite a few of them, you had to walk to the opposite side of the map to reach the target, sometimes in an unrealistic time-frame. This gave the illusion of the level being bigger, when in fact it simply prolonged getting to the point of "you're here, go through this door, kill this guy, leave".

Absolution simply eliminates the excess travel time and the illusion of level exploration by putting you in the primary action zones.

However, Hunter and Hunted stretches out over 5 levels? Yes, most of them are "get to da choppa!" without the need to kill, but you're playing a STORY that flows from point A to Points B, C, D, E, and F, not snippets out of someone's diary where "it was a Tuesday, about 3pm, when I got this call...."
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#16nitepanther1987Posted 3/26/2013 1:50:28 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
None of the previous games were "sandbox", they just had bigger levels. Once you started a given level, you had a large area to work in. Or as it was for quite a few of them, you had to walk to the opposite side of the map to reach the target, sometimes in an unrealistic time-frame. This gave the illusion of the level being bigger, when in fact it simply prolonged getting to the point of "you're here, go through this door, kill this guy, leave".

Absolution simply eliminates the excess travel time and the illusion of level exploration by putting you in the primary action zones.

However, Hunter and Hunted stretches out over 5 levels? Yes, most of them are "get to da choppa!" without the need to kill, but you're playing a STORY that flows from point A to Points B, C, D, E, and F, not snippets out of someone's diary where "it was a Tuesday, about 3pm, when I got this call...."

The earlier Hitman games only had maybe 10 or so levels. This one has 20 chapters, with multiple levels for each chapter. So people complaining that there's more content, and that not every single level is their idea of a perfect, sandbox, "classic Hitman" level is pretty stupid. Like you said, a lot of those levels are trying to get to the "hit", then doing the hit, and escaping. Rather than the standard "you arrive at the Big Bad Guy's building and walk through the unsupervised, unlocked back door and your adventure begins".
---
Don't even bother trying. You're just gonna fail and look stupid anyways.
#17Shellman704Posted 3/29/2013 12:25:47 PM
nitepanther1987 posted...
DrNewcenstein posted...

The earlier Hitman games only had maybe 10 or so levels. This one has 20 chapters, with multiple levels for each chapter. So people complaining that there's more content, and that not every single level is their idea of a perfect, sandbox, "classic Hitman" level is pretty stupid. Like you said, a lot of those levels are trying to get to the "hit", then doing the hit, and escaping. Rather than the standard "you arrive at the Big Bad Guy's building and walk through the unsupervised, unlocked back door and your adventure begins".

I completely understand how people can have a negative opinion on this game. The stealth aspect feels a little gimmicky or glitchey due to the wonky detection mechanics. I can walk between book cases 50ft away and be spotted yet crouch-walk 6ft from a persons nose undetected...

Disclosure- I didn't like Absolution at first due to the lack of actual "hits" but I came to realize it is the current gen version of Hitman (Blood Money = last gen) and have came to thoroughly enjoy Absolution. To me it seems the player actually plays out what 47 is doing in between the hits instead of just being inserted from one assassination to another...
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- D3ID = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings & Hitman: Absolution --- Waiting For = GTA V
#18DvoloS88Posted 4/2/2013 6:00:40 AM
Wait till you get to the cornfield, that mission is BIG and beautiful.