Save glitch fixed ?

#1Offworlder1Posted 3/7/2013 4:18:05 PM
Just came here to see if they fixed the save glitch that wipes out your save for no reason. Have not heard anything on if they ever did anything about it, the issue killed my friends game and I wanted to know if it was ever addressed in a patch/update.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#2Offworlder1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:50:59 PM
so no one knows if it has been fixed or not I gather
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#3Neku_SanadaPosted 3/9/2013 6:56:48 AM
It has not been fixed. There was a post a couple days ago about someone's save being erased.
---
Ohhhh... This isn't where I parked my car...
#4Shellman704Posted 3/9/2013 9:58:38 AM
I doubt it has been fixed and i dont know how they could fix it....

When my save corrupted i was starting level 20. Epilouge: Absolution, as the screen faded from black the game froze. Restarted xbox (was third time absolution froze first two time nothing happened) and when the.game loaded I was prompted to resize the screen, just as if there was no save.

Point is, there is no save once it corrupts i dont know if it can be fixed. When i went to system's memory i had only one hitman gamesave (the new one) i lost everything, all level progress and all challenges. Since i didnt see ending i am replaying it to see ending and beat it on hard....

My leaderboard scores saved(only thing to carry over, i am guessing since it isnt stored client side) so i can rambo through all the levels without feeling bad about a.negative score. I suggest doing the same, it make the replay much shorter, then you have level select to replay levels the way you actually want to.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution
#5Lord_TenseEyePosted 3/9/2013 12:47:35 PM
I don't have this game yet. But I have a suggestion. What if after saving your game (assuming you can save and it's not one of those games that ONLY allows auto-saves), you were to make another save and put the second save onto a USB.

Essentially leaving you with a copy of your save. If you were to do this often, when your save goes bad, just load the one that was on the USB.

Not sure if this would be possible though as I don't have the game and I cannot try it.
#6Neku_SanadaPosted 3/9/2013 12:57:37 PM
Saving on another device will work. After playing the game awhile, go to your hard drive in the dashboard and copy your Hitman save. You can use the cloud if you don't have a usb stick.

The backup will work just fine if your original file gets erased. Be sure to copy the backup to the original hard drive in the dashboard before starting the game. If you load your usb/cloud file in game, there is chance that it may be erased.
---
Ohhhh... This isn't where I parked my car...
#7Shellman704Posted 3/9/2013 3:54:06 PM
Yes making copy of save will work. Take it you do it before the glitch occurs. Im not totally pissed ab it and didnt know ab gamesave delete glitch when playing... so people in my shoes wouldnt even know to do it unless they normally backup gamesaves...

Technically this isnt a solution to the problem as you have to manually copy save to secondary device so often that it is kinda annoying (people im sure will get use to it) so some people will take the chance as there is no certainty of it happening.

It is more along the lines of a preventative maintenance technique than any kind of fix to the problem.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution
#8Archon522Posted 3/9/2013 9:06:26 PM
I can tell you this problem is not fixed. I was towards the end of the game, it froze up, and I lost everything.

This happened two days ago.
#9F0URPosted 3/18/2013 11:48:05 AM
I want to play so bad. But this is stopping me.

The game has screwed me twice already.

Damn shame.
---
Freeze! rock!
#10PurlinnWarclubPosted 3/19/2013 5:26:58 AM
yo my save deleted yeserday too aint that some ****? now i gotta start frum da beginin agen daym.