I ignored all the hate as nostalgic fanboys and went ahead and picked this up

#11VaporFoxPosted 3/12/2013 8:31:50 PM
The only thing that I absolutely despise about Absolution is the disguise system. Disguise yourself as a cop, then suddenly you have to hide from every other cop on the level? Isn't the point of disguising yourself as a cop so you can BLEND IN WITH THEM?

So, you basically end up scouring a level looking for the disguise that has the lowest number of people who have that same uniform/outfit/etc, since you burn through Instinct like a guy who had bad Mexican food goes through toilet paper trying to "blend in" with the more common disguises.

Ugh. It's asinine to the extreme and makes absolutely no sense. Frankly, the only gameplay mechanic from Blood Money I'd have kept in Absolution WAS the disguise system it had. At least it applied some logic to it.
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#12Moss_27Posted 3/12/2013 10:12:13 PM
It added more of a challenge and more strategy. After getting a handle of the different ways to gain instinct and how to make it work with the AI in the levels, it was straightforward and always kept you on your toes knowing that you were not always scott free just because you got a disguise.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#13gobuffalo30Posted 3/13/2013 4:25:52 AM
Moss_27 posted...
You don't need to hide from cover to cover and sneak like that if you're in a disguise though..I don't understand what is causing this to happen.

Probably because of the score system and it gives you negative points for being detected.
#14xninjagrrlPosted 3/13/2013 5:25:32 AM
I dont know who this game was geared towards because long term fans of the series dont seem impressed and neither do newcomers. I played this game for a few hours before I sent it back to gamefly. Too linear. I'd rather just play SC:C if I wanted linear. I did like the more open world areas though, ie: the chinese new year was nice.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#15Shellman704Posted 3/13/2013 11:24:34 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
Moss_27 posted...
You don't need to hide from cover to cover and sneak like that if you're in a disguise though..I don't understand what is causing this to happen.

Probably because of the score system and it gives you negative points for being detected.

This
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution
#16Shellman704Posted 3/13/2013 11:34:09 AM(edited)
xninjagrrl posted...
I dont know who this game was geared towards because long term fans of the series dont seem impressed and neither do newcomers. I played this game for a few hours before I sent it back to gamefly. Too linear. I'd rather just play SC:C if I wanted linear. I did like the more open world areas though, ie: the chinese new year was nice.

Hm funny i am a long time fan of the hitman series and am thoroughly enjoying absolution.

I think people are expecting blood money 2 and when playing absolution are like wtf is this? This is crap! When really blood money isnt that great.

I say play the game all the way through, i bet you will enjoy it by the time you are done. I say this because i didnt like absolution until over half way through first playthrough and having loads of fun, already got my 60$ worth...

Just like any game once you have mastered or even begun to master the gameplay the game becomes much more rewarding...

I found the most fun way to play was going for the "perfect kill" as i could see it. If i was spotted i would restart. If gaurds started shooting i would kill em, walk around and find where the evidence and other instinct.increasing locations for my next attempt..... no mission took more than a dozen restarts on normal...

Now enjoying the game on hard.

Edit- werent all hitman games linear to an extent? Absolution has mini sandbox levels and the levels with out hits are just the player not leaving 47 between hits... i think you shoulda rented skyrim or another open world game...
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- Diablo III = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, NBA 2k13, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution
#17VaporFoxPosted 3/13/2013 6:43:27 PM
Moss_27 posted...
It added more of a challenge and more strategy. After getting a handle of the different ways to gain instinct and how to make it work with the AI in the levels, it was straightforward and always kept you on your toes knowing that you were not always scott free just because you got a disguise.

Playing with one arm tied behind your back adds to the challenge too, but that doesn't make the game better, does it? >_>

It's not the fact that it "adds challenge" that bothered me. It's the fact that there's absolutely no sane logic to it. If you disguise yourself as 1 of 70 goons who're guarding a complex, are you seriously going to tell me that every single goon is going to know each other by name/appearance/ect to the extent that they're immediately going to see 47 disguised as one and go "oh hay that's not one of us ell oh ell"?

It's not like I'm expecting one disguise to get me through an entire mission or to be some sort of "do whatever you want" card; I've played all the previous Hitman games. I'm just saying the logic behind the disguise system in this one is seriously flawed.
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#18Moss_27Posted 3/14/2013 5:28:40 PM
Is it logical for a bald guy with a barcode wandering around locations being seen wearing different outfits?

They certainly could have tweaked the disguisesystem, making certain ones have certain restrictions or suspicion depending on the disguise and how many are in the level. But I also find that the system in Blood Money lacked logic as well. Or the fact that the AI would start shooting you if you walked into an area in the wrong outfit. There are a lot of

I understand what they were trying to do with it. I didn't have any problems for it to deter from my experience playing the game.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#19LonnyJohnsonPosted 3/16/2013 12:48:39 PM
I liked this game a little more than Blood money, but thats just me.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#20Gobey6Posted 3/16/2013 3:13:17 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
I liked this game a little more than Blood money, but thats just me.

it's me too
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6