I ignored all the hate as nostalgic fanboys and went ahead and picked this up

#21SavottPosted 3/17/2013 4:36:42 AM
Just ignore the points, they don't even matter.

If you feel like you wanna just kill everyone, then how few points you get shouldn't matter.

People don't like the points system in this game because they don't like to be reminded of how badly they're playing.
---
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make the Xbox 360.
#22SavottPosted 3/17/2013 4:43:56 AM
Isn't the point of disguising yourself as a cop so you can BLEND IN WITH THEM?

No, the point of disguising yourself as one is to look like them so you can gain access to restricted areas.

It's not like Blood Money where you can wear one disguise and go go anywhere.

They made it so you have to think.
---
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make the Xbox 360.
#23BoxKnockerPosted 3/17/2013 10:11:50 AM
Here's the only AI behavior that threw me off

If you throw an object while unseen and are seen near that object during the time interval the AI is investigating said object, they'll get suspicious. Turning on radios, whatever. Basically just like "near body". If they see you throw it then they just comment on it. Tested on one level so maybe it varies.

I'm sure there's a few others but its just a matter of figuring it out. Its not like its random or buggy. Its systematic.

On Purist, no upgrades, full instinct gives you like 2 or 3 seconds tops, if that to blend in. I decided going Purist first time through was a bad idea so now I'm playing Expert. If my instinct is empty, I can hide in plain sight to refill about 1/6 of it and endless amount of times.. Not sure if that works in Purist mode.
Hiding in plain sight is when you use the disguise-specific hiding points to gain detection immunity. The Chinatown menu's are an example though i believe any disguise can use those. Anyway, those are there for a reason.

I hated this game when I first got it. Turns out Purist mode is totally unfun until you have some familiarity with the levels and gameplay. Its been so long since I've played hitman I forgot HOW to play hitman, my way at least, and that is to learn the levels inside and out. Patience and planning. Its a style of play I've long forgotten how to do.

Even if the game sucked though Contracts mode alone is a new Hitman game every day

I was kind of just addressing various points I read as I went through but I've lost track and I'm tired. The fragmented nature of this post should attest to that. I guess my point is everything that people hate about this game is made up and self-imposed. Nothing is ever something else. Sounds obvious but really, people forget this.
#24Moss_27Posted 3/17/2013 11:33:55 AM
It's easy to play games from the past as we already know them inside out. Learning how to play a new stealth game and learning the levels, gameplay, AI and what can and can't work is different today. You need a whole new level of patience and trial and error to enjoy it, especially in the era where online multiplayer/co-op/straight line gameplay without having time to sit and think of your strategy is king.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#25MADD DRAKEPosted 3/17/2013 3:20:10 PM
hellobob09 posted...
I wasn't pleased with the linear levels either, keep playing though.

There's a few good classic Hitman style levels, and a TON of awesome Contracts, often on the levels that were linear in the story.

The AI bothered me less than most people, but a Blood Money style disguise system would have been better received.

There's also some great accidental kills that require a bit of ingenuity.

I'd say stick with it and go down a difficulty if you absolutely hate the AI.

hi just started the game. which levels are open like classic hitman levels? just finished the chicago library part
---
Proud LUEser
i'm playing the game and suddenly, outof no where, the germans own the jews :/-Warrior Hart
#26daniel79Posted 3/18/2013 1:04:04 PM
Moss_27 posted...
You don't need to hide from cover to cover and sneak like that if you're in a disguise though..I don't understand what is causing this to happen. I've played through the game on normal a bunch of times and am maybe halfway through on hard and haven't had any issues with needing to hide from cover to cover to get through the missions.

It took some trial and error to get a feel for how the game was designed and what you could get away with doing to avoid blowing cover since this game is unlike any other before, but once I got a feel for it, it became second nature.

I wonder if people complaining about the digsuise/navigating levels aren't taking advantage of how the game is designed in order to succeed and enjoy the stealth aspects, along with being able to walk around in disguises and explore the levels. You just need to be more careful and know your surroundings.

You shouldn't have to work at a Hitman game for it to be a Hitman game. It should just be a Hitman game from the off.

This stinker of a game missed the mark by a country mile.
#27BoxKnockerPosted 3/19/2013 8:08:29 AM
I was wrong. In my newfound enthusiasm for the game I was hopeful and idealistic and wrong. Detection can be wonky at times. At one point in particular I can be seen through a wall and sometimes a route that worked 20 times suddenly doesn't, something like the guards route is displaced slightly more right than normal, at least thats what i speculate based on all the clipping i see; cigarettes being held in the wrist and guards leaning against a wall, through a cabinet, when they were leaning on the cabinet before.

I do want to add that the dialogue in this game is enough to justify my 60 dollars. Thats just me though.
#28Moss_27Posted 3/19/2013 9:04:15 PM
"You shouldn't have to work at a Hitman game for it to be a Hitman game. It should just be a Hitman game from the off."

So..the gameplay should not evolve? There should be nothing different from old to new that we need to learn or master? The levels should not require exploring? AI should always work the same as the horrible AI from the past games?
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#29Shellman704Posted 3/24/2013 8:46:51 AM
Moss_27 posted...
"You shouldn't have to work at a Hitman game for it to be a Hitman game. It should just be a Hitman game from the off."

So..the gameplay should not evolve? There should be nothing different from old to new that we need to learn or master? The levels should not require exploring? AI should always work the same as the horrible AI from the past games?

Good points. Previous hitman games were not necessarily "crowning jewels in gaming" neither is Absolution.... people seem to remember old hitman games too fondly. People who dislike this game will never like it no matter what valid points you bring to the table Moss. Absolution isn't the best game ever made. But I have had more than 60$ worth of fun from it.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- D3ID = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings & Hitman: Absolution --- Waiting For = GTA V
#30Shellman704Posted 3/24/2013 8:49:41 AM(edited)
Gobey6 posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...
I liked this game a little more than Blood money, but thats just me.

it's me too

It is for everyone who didn't have false rememberings of previous hitman games and unrealistic views of what Absolution was going to be.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- D3ID = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings & Hitman: Absolution --- Waiting For = GTA V