I ignored all the hate as nostalgic fanboys and went ahead and picked this up

#31nitepanther1987Posted 3/26/2013 1:34:35 PM
I don't understand how people have problems with this game. Absolution has to be the easiest game in the Hitman series. I beat once on Normal. Second playthrough on Purist took me 2-3 days. And now I'm doing different runs like Suit Only, just massacring everyone, specific weapon runs, etc. Lots of replay value and challenge trying to complete the game using different play styles.

As for the disguises, I don't see why people are STILL complaining about them. The disguise system isn't that hard to figure out, and it actually makes a lot of sense. In real life if you put on any uniform (retail employee, cop, etc) and went where those people worked you'd be questioned almost instantly. But if you were dressed as a cop, mail man, whatever and just walked anywhere else like at a store or just down the street no one would care.

And it makes sense the game would get harder as you progress (wait games get HARDER as you play through?!) because you're not doing basic levels anymore. You're going into police stations, industrial complexes with military-esque guards. You're damn right they'd spot something suspect a mile away. Learn and adapt.

The only reason people say the earlier games were better is because they've been around longer. Absolution's been around maybe 6 months or so and was s***ed on before it even came out. The other Hitman games have been out for years. Everyone's played them. Learned the maps. Learned enemy patterns. People can play through the game blindfolded now. There's SO/SA/TO speedruns now. So yeah, of course those games are more fun now. You forgot all the countless hours trying to figure out what the f*** do. How to kill someone a certain way. How to lure a target. Etc, etc. Once you know what you're doing, and how to play, then it's a blast just screwing around.

And as for the maps themselves, it's the same as it was with the earlier games. Except this one has a storyline driving you to the next map rather than just "kill this guy and leave". Every other Hitman game had big levels, smaller levels, open levels, more linear etc. Not every single level was sandbox style, and not every level could you always play how you wanted. Some levels were time based, some forced you to play a more specific way because of how everything was set up. That doesn't make it BAD, it just means the way you want to play that level doesn't make sense for how it's laid out. If you WANT to play it that way you CAN, but it's going to be ridiculously harder.

And complaining about a few of the levels on Hitman being too small or linear, when there's still a ton on there that are open and fun to play on is pretty silly. Most of those extremely small, linear levels are just to continue driving the story and explain how you got to the next area. The older Hitman games only had what? 10 maybe 12 levels? And some of those were rehashes (coughallthechineselevelsincontractscough). And this one has 20. With multiple maps for each chapter. Yeah...just stop complaining.
---
Don't even bother trying. You're just gonna fail and look stupid anyways.
#32Flub-A-DubPosted 3/28/2013 5:21:55 PM
nitepanther1987 posted...
I don't understand how people have problems with this game. Absolution has to be the easiest game in the Hitman series.

Did that sentence really follow that sentence?

Not that that's the main complaint, but that's gold.
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#33nitepanther1987Posted 3/29/2013 1:42:39 AM(edited)
Flub-A-Dub posted...
I don't understand how people have problems with this game. Absolution has to be the easiest game in the Hitman series.

What's to not understand? Did you not even read TC's post? Most people's complaints are how "its nut liek old hitmuhn" (even though it kind of is), or how unfair the game is. How the stealth aspect is apparently "broken". How the disguises "don't work". How they're "spotted" from "like a mile away". How unfair and hard Purist mode is. The list goes on and on, and it's really not a hard game at all.

I beat Purist mode on my second playthrough in about 2 days. The disguise system is fine if you have half a brain. It's the same it's always been, but people act like it's broken cause you can't walk past a cop, dressed like a cop. Well, no s***. And people complain about it being hard, when if they had it their way it'd be the same as every other soccer mom game out there. "Oh there's lots of cops" (Puts on cop uniform). "Oh lots of bad guys in this area. (Dresses like a bad guy). Come on.

And being stealthy isn't hard at all. You have so many options such as: hiding in something, taking cover, going into a crowd, or even......turning your back to them. Hell, a guy can be looking right at you, throw an object past him, and he'll turn away to look at it and you can get away.
---
#34nitepanther1987Posted 3/29/2013 1:42:06 AM(edited)
What I think is funny too is how fickle the entire Hitman fanbase is in general.

Old Hitman games (before Blood Money): "Wow. This game is so fussy. Can't even fiber wire a guy without it being just perfect. They need to fix this stuff. It's too glitchy buggy, needs more polish, no direction or hints on what to do. Can't wait till the next one comes out and fixes all of the flaws."

Blood Money: "Wow, this game is much more polished, and better in every way imaginable. Therefore, it sucks because it's not HARDCORE like the old Hitman games. Those actually took SKILL. I mean, you had to fiber wire a guy just right to get a kill. You literally had to figure out how to do everything. So bad ass. This game is too easy. Sucks."

Absolution: "Wow. This game sucks. Disguises don't work. Always get spotted. It's nothing like the OLD HITMAN games. Ya know? The ones that got it RIGHT. You never had problems in those games. Blood Money was a masterpiece. The older games were just pure hardcore fun. Hard, but fair.This game is an abomination to the franchise. I'm going back to CoD."
---
#35git2thechoppaPosted 3/31/2013 11:59:50 AM
Flub-A-Dub posted...

What's to not understand? Did you not even read TC's post? Most people's complaints are how "its nut liek old hitmuhn" (even though it kind of is), or how unfair the game is. How the stealth aspect is apparently "broken". How the disguises "don't work". How they're "spotted" from "like a mile away". How unfair and hard Purist mode is. The list goes on and on, and it's really not a hard game at all.

I beat Purist mode on my second playthrough in about 2 days. The disguise system is fine if you have half a brain. It's the same it's always been, but people act like it's broken cause you can't walk past a cop, dressed like a cop. Well, no s***. And people complain about it being hard, when if they had it their way it'd be the same as every other soccer mom game out there. "Oh there's lots of cops" (Puts on cop uniform). "Oh lots of bad guys in this area. (Dresses like a bad guy). Come on.

And being stealthy isn't hard at all. You have so many options such as: hiding in something, taking cover, going into a crowd, or even......turning your back to them. Hell, a guy can be looking right at you, throw an object past him, and he'll turn away to look at it and you can get away.

I'm facepalming too much in this forum.
---
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.
#36DeathShinigamiPosted 3/31/2013 6:42:32 PM
What I think is funny too is how fickle the entire Hitman fanbase is in general.

Old Hitman games (before Blood Money): "Wow. This game is so fussy. Can't even fiber wire a guy without it being just perfect. They need to fix this stuff. It's too glitchy buggy, needs more polish, no direction or hints on what to do. Can't wait till the next one comes out and fixes all of the flaws."

Blood Money: "Wow, this game is much more polished, and better in every way imaginable. Therefore, it sucks because it's not HARDCORE like the old Hitman games. Those actually took SKILL. I mean, you had to fiber wire a guy just right to get a kill. You literally had to figure out how to do everything. So bad ass. This game is too easy. Sucks."

Absolution: "Wow. This game sucks. Disguises don't work. Always get spotted. It's nothing like the OLD HITMAN games. Ya know? The ones that got it RIGHT. You never had problems in those games. Blood Money was a masterpiece. The older games were just pure hardcore fun. Hard, but fair.This game is an abomination to the franchise. I'm going back to CoD."

QFT
---
9/22/12
The day a moderator referred to me as a kid and tried to get into an argument with me when I appealed a TOU violation.
#37DvoloS88Posted 4/1/2013 4:22:46 AM
The score system is stupidly harsh but just IGNORE it. It does not ruin the game. Other than a flawed checkpoint and disguise system this game is incredible. The bashers out there and all over this board are simply trolls who wanted blood money again with these graphics physics,sound and so on. Get over it this game got good reviews for a reason people.
#38TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 4/3/2013 2:59:02 PM
Flub-A-Dub posted...

Ha!
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.