Hitman Absolution sales 3.6 million and counting....yes it was a success haters

#1sknmakPosted 3/26/2013 12:12:40 PM
There were a ton of people who were labeling this game a failure, but it sold very well during it's very first week of release. For those who like the game enjoy it. For those who didn't like the game well others apparently like it. Holiday sales also helped and people who don't complain about every damn thing when it comes to video games. Also all of Square Enix games sold well, but they will be taking a loss regardless.

Square Enix's three most recent launches of major console titles Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider all sold at least a million copies, but missed the company's sales targets, it said today in a presentation to investors.

Each title received critical acclaim, but sales in North America and Europe although by no means poor did not meet the publisher's expectations for its 2013 fiscal year, which ends March 31. As a result, the company expects to report a $105 million loss for the year.

Square Enix launched Sleeping Dogs in August 2012 and has sold approximately 1.75 million copies of United Front Games' open-world crime thriller. Since Hitman: Absolution's release in November 2012, Square Enix has sold about 3.6 million units. And Tomb Raider, which launched three weeks ago, has already racked up approximately 3.4 million units in sales. (The numbers only take retail sales into account, not digital purchases.)

The company noted in its presentation that sales in North America were particularly weak European sales outpaced North American sales by a two-to-one ratio. Square Enix also pointed out that "price pressure was strong," which forced the company to incur additional costs such as for price protection.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/26/4148780/square-enix-missed-sales-targets-sleeping-dogs-hitman-absolution-tomb-raider
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#2daniel79Posted 3/26/2013 1:20:41 PM
But isn't the game still crap to those who thought it was crap?

Ergo, your thread is a moot point, isn't it? Call of duty is crap, but it still sells...
#3sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:50:38 PM
But isn't the game still crap to those who thought it was crap?

Some people yes. Others no.

In this case there were a lot of people who either did not like, hated, didn't give the game a try or completely trolled Absolution. No game is perfect especially in this gen >_>.....however people claimed that this game would not sell because it wasn't like other games in the series. However it did and sold pretty well. That's the point. I'm not debating if the game was good or not so don't even go there with me. This topic isn't about whether the game was good or bad, but how well it sold.

Ergo, your thread is a moot point, isn't it? Call of duty is crap, but it still sells...

I understand that sales doesn't necessarily makes a game "good" or better than the others on the market. CoD is rehashed every year and sales more and more [others games are following suit]. No matter how bad people think the game is it sells like hell. However, once again this topic isn't about that.
---
#4Flub-A-DubPosted 3/28/2013 5:23:57 PM
Anyone who uses the term 'haters' needs to sit down and think.
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#5Erik_PPosted 3/28/2013 7:49:13 PM
This topic is bad and the TC should feel bad.

It says right in the very link you posted the game didn't meet expectations.

And lol to you if you think sales = quality. I guess that means Twilight is the greatest series of movies in existence right?
---
Yippee ki yay Mr Falcon
#6Shellman704Posted 3/29/2013 12:09:51 PM
Yeah it didn't meet expectations but having high expectations does not negate the fact that over 3.5million copies were sold which is a high number. Being a success in a business sense would mean it made more money than it took to produce, which apparently is not the case.

3,500,000 x 60$ = 210,000,000

So absolution brought in nearly a quarter billion dollars in sales but is considered a disappointment.... someone flubbed up in production and massively overspent.... unless they expected half a billion in sales?... sometimes this industry doesn't make sense
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- D3ID = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings & Hitman: Absolution --- Waiting For = GTA V
#7JC_PhoenixPosted 3/29/2013 1:17:54 PM
Shellman704 posted...
Yeah it didn't meet expectations but having high expectations does not negate the fact that over 3.5million copies were sold which is a high number. Being a success in a business sense would mean it made more money than it took to produce, which apparently is not the case.

So absolution brought in nearly a quarter billion dollars in sales but is considered a disappointment.... someone flubbed up in production and massively overspent.... unless they expected half a billion in sales?... sometimes this industry doesn't make sense

Don't forget that hitman has been in sale A LOT. I got it on PC at the time of release for $35 and while FarCry 3 came out at around the same time and occasionally goes on sale for $30. Absolution currently has a $10 steam sale, and has regularly gone down to the $20 and $30 range ever since release.
---
"You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals"-Morpheus
#8sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 4:09:21 PM

Anyone that responds to it needs to sit down even longer. Right?

It was meant for a small group of obvious haters of this game in particular. Whiners in other words.

This topic is bad and the TC should feel bad.

It says right in the very link you posted the game didn't meet expectations.

Guess that mean you should feel even worse since I clearly stated that all of Square Enix games sold well, but they will still be talking a loss and I'll quote it since you apparently read ONLY what you want to read. I know exactly what the link said I'M THE ONE WHO POSTED IT.

Here's a quote for the blind [ Erik_P]:
Also all of Square Enix games sold well, but they will be taking a loss regardless.

And lol to you if you think sales = quality. I guess that means Twilight is the greatest series of movies in existence right?

Do you think Call of Duty is the greatest game ever? I never said sales equal quality. So take your played out jokes or logic elsewhere. Do me a favor and actually read my post before pulling things from your a**. This topic is not about that. People claimed that this game woudn't sell. It did. Read post #3 in this topic kid.
----------------------------------

Don't forget that hitman has been in sale A LOT. I got it on PC at the time of release for $35 and while FarCry 3 came out at around the same time and occasionally goes on sale for $30. Absolution currently has a $10 steam sale, and has regularly gone down to the $20 and $30 range ever since release.

Yeah it was on sale a lot around the holidays and after it met expectation. This usually happens with the CoD games as well. After so many copies are sold the company slashed prices to keep people purchasing and selling out the shelve space. Some did mess up big time at Square Enix because all of their games sold well...actually very well.

Also Square Enix CEO recently stepped down.
---
#9git2thechoppaPosted 3/31/2013 11:58:43 AM
sknmak posted...

Anyone that responds to it needs to sit down even longer. Right?

It was meant for a small group of obvious haters of this game in particular. Whiners in other words.

*facepalm*
---
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.
#10Shellman704Posted 4/1/2013 11:52:56 AM
JC_Phoenix posted...
Shellman704 posted...

You're right, I used an arbitrary number to make a point. Even at half that, 1/8th of a billion is a lot of money.... must have spent a lot too, that is my point.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- D3ID = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings & Hitman: Absolution --- Waiting For = GTA V