Hitman Absolution sales 3.6 million and counting....yes it was a success haters

#11CLMitchellPosted 4/2/2013 2:37:53 PM
People had to buy it in order to play it to be disappointed by it. And a lot of those people who did probably assumed it would be like the others in the series.

The REAL test will be whether or not the next game does any well, and whether or not they fix the formula or keep this Absolution nonsense.
#12DvoloS88Posted 4/4/2013 6:04:48 AM
Shellman704 posted...
Yeah it didn't meet expectations but having high expectations does not negate the fact that over 3.5million copies were sold which is a high number. Being a success in a business sense would mean it made more money than it took to produce, which apparently is not the case.

3,500,000 x 60$ = 210,000,000

So absolution brought in nearly a quarter billion dollars in sales but is considered a disappointment.... someone flubbed up in production and massively overspent.... unless they expected half a billion in sales?... sometimes this industry doesn't make sense

You forgot tax, 63$x3500000
#13lightfighterPosted 4/21/2013 1:17:52 PM
I am glad they're doing well in sales; I love this game!
#14casedawgzPosted 4/24/2013 6:36:25 AM
Is Square Enix considering it a success though? This is the company that was pissed off when Tomb Raider ONLY sold 3.4 million in a week.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#15presea_loverPosted 4/24/2013 7:09:09 AM(edited)
I hope it sold well enough to continue the series, and I hope the feedback was negative enough to convince them to go back to formula. If nothing else, the new graphics engine is beautiful and the levels were as interactive as I'd expect for a Hitman game.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
#16ooStuStuPosted 4/24/2013 1:39:09 PM
presea_lover posted...
I hope it sold well enough to continue the series, and I hope the feedback was negative enough to convince them to go back to formula. If nothing else, the new graphics engine is beautiful and the levels were as interactive as I'd expect for a Hitman game.

Agreed ......I hope they will tweak this and that for the next one and continue to bring us more
---
Colonel in the clan you wish you were in...[RS]!!!!!!
XBOX GT- ooStuStu
#17CasylePosted 4/26/2013 10:32:39 PM
CLMitchell posted...
And a lot of those people who did probably assumed it would be like the others in the series.

That's the situation I find myself in. I've played every Hitman since the second one and I bought Absolution assuming it would be like previous Hitman games. You know what they say about makin' assumptions...
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#18green_aboboPosted 4/28/2013 7:18:33 PM
it was different that's for sure.

one thing I can say is that I do like the way they chose to do their MP aspect of absolution.

basically allows players to compete with one another (in a MP leaderboard sense) only its in the confides of a SP experience, which satisfies both sides of the arguments for, or against. it didn't even cost players anything additional either.

this makes it unique in my opinion, & the makers of absolution should be commended for it.

it'd be nice if the new arkham game (rumored to have MP) followed this sort of model.

it would truly be ironic, considering they would have to copy another game, instead of vice versa, which is usually the case.
#19DvoloS88Posted 5/6/2013 7:02:05 AM
ooStuStu posted...
presea_lover posted...

Agreed ......I hope they will tweak this and that for the next one and continue to bring us more

The only things in need of tweaking is the harsh as hell scoring system and the flawed disguises. I for one didnt mind the linearity of the mission design simply because of the story. Your rogue after the first mission with no hide out or armoury so it all kind of makes sense. There are a few big open missions that fall back to old games like the corn field.
---
I troll the trolls...
#20presea_loverPosted 5/8/2013 5:18:58 PM
Or maybe they decided ahead of time to do more linear missions in order to appeal to the corridor shooter crowd (note how they nicked a lot of mechanics from popular shooters/stealth shooters on the 360) and the new story direction was a post-hoc rationalization the writers cooked up. Nothing in the ending to BM even remotely suggests Absolution's story.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater