Why all the hate on this game?

#1Kid MazePosted 4/1/2013 9:31:40 AM
I've played all the hitman games and loved them all. In fact I think Hitman BM was arguably my fav game for the 360. I read all the reviews and comments how people say the games not the same and doesn't feel like a hitman game. So much so that I almost didnt give it a try. Then because I like hitman so much I gave it a try. Not only does it feel like any other HM game I've played but the story was better then most. I absolutely love the game. And I can't for the life of me understand why people say its bad (granted its not perfect) or doesn't feel like a Hitman game. It most certainly does.
---
XBOX live gamertag: S1Y M4ZE
#2DvoloS88Posted 4/1/2013 9:48:03 AM
Yeah your finally able to use your hands and fight like a hitman. Other than the checkpoints, disguises, and linear levels it AMAZING...
#3Shellman704Posted 4/1/2013 10:50:11 AM
This game isn't perfect, that is where the hate stems. The wonky detection intelligence is not all that impressive, you can be spotted and have an alarm raised from 30ft away in between bookcases but are able to crouch walk 5ft in front of someone without drawing any extra attention. That being said I like this game, a whole lot but I can see why people dislike it. There are also a lot of filler missions without hits that put me off at first, then I came to understand it as the player is controlling 47 between hits as well not just from the start of one assassination til the end of it.
---
XBLGT = ShellmanQCM --- D3ID = Shellman#1293
Now Playing = The Walking Dead, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings & Hitman: Absolution --- Waiting For = GTA V
#4Moss_27Posted 4/1/2013 3:42:10 PM
It's a great game, with the best stealth gameplay I have played this gen. If you like stealth games and exploring every part of a level, you will enjoy this.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#5lightfighterPosted 4/2/2013 7:33:52 AM
Despite the negativity posted on this board with Absolution...I love this game for what it is.
I'm adding Absolution to my library of games.
#6gobuffalo30Posted 4/2/2013 9:02:25 AM
I was only able to get halfway through it before getting bored and putting it away. Sneak here, sneak there, sneak around to this point, get away from people before they spot you, next part of the level, repeat. Then after all that you may get to kill someone.
#7kingbahamut83Posted 4/3/2013 8:42:48 AM
Moss_27 posted...
It's a great game, with the best stealth gameplay I have played this gen. If you like stealth games and exploring every part of a level, you will enjoy this.

I agree this is a great game, but I wouldn't say best stealth this Gen. I'd go with Arkham city/asylum on that.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
The R in my tag is apparently invisible in COD to everyone.
#8Dr StrangeporkPosted 4/6/2013 9:19:55 AM
It's the way of the internet, people love to hate. The internet is also fraught with hyperbole so everything is either great or terrible with nothing in between.

I would say the people who like the game appreciate the better controls and like the stealth mechanics. The people who dislike the game expected it to be more like Blood Money or Contracts, wanted more "hits" in lieu of the overarching story and hated the disguise system.

While I like the game I do miss some things from the previous games (load outs before levels, Jesper Kyd, more actual assassinations). I can truly say the actual game controls never let me down (never missed a fiber-wire, better situational awareness) which I couldn't say for any of the previous installments which was my biggest complaint of those titles. I play many stealth games so the disguise system did not bother me I just needed to be a bit "sneaky" while disguised.

It seems that some people tend to let their own expectations form their judgment. Had I gone in thinking I was getting a brand new Blood Moneyesque (wha?) Hitman I'm sure my opinions would be different. This game sits somewhere in the middle pretty good stealth and a decent Hitman game that missed the mark in some of the areas namely the story. Not a great game by any stretch, but I did have some fun with this one.
#9awpdawhalesPosted 4/9/2013 11:47:59 AM
Kid Maze posted...
...the story was better then most... And I can't for the life of me understand why people say its bad (granted its not perfect) or doesn't feel like a Hitman game. It most certainly does.

Just from memory, there were no targets, where you could choose how to kill them, in 85% of the missions. That "feels" like a Hitman game?

I feel like people are justifying their affection for this game when they say things like this. I hated this game, but if you like, good for you. I loathe the fact that a company can buy the rights to my favorite game and change everything to make it some other game. If it were called Kane and Lynch Absolution, or Splinter Cell Absolution, I would have no problem with the game. But they have sullied the good name of Agent 47 with this garbage installment.

At it's heart, a Hitman game should be a open level, simulation assassination game. That's what it always was, and those games were great. Absolution is more linear, more story driven, more action-packed oriented, and more arcadey. If you like those things, cool, but don't tell me this is a Hitman game because it is not.
#10MlCKHEADPosted 4/10/2013 9:32:19 AM
This game is awful.
---
GT: Micktory