Why all the hate on this game?

#11Kid Maze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:51:38 AM
What are u talking about? Every person u assassinate has multiple ways of doing it.
---
XBOX live gamertag: S1Y M4ZE
#12Lupin the 4thPosted 4/10/2013 3:57:17 PM
awpdawhales posted...
Kid Maze posted...
...the story was better then most... And I can't for the life of me understand why people say its bad (granted its not perfect) or doesn't feel like a Hitman game. It most certainly does.

Just from memory, there were no targets, where you could choose how to kill them, in 85% of the missions. That "feels" like a Hitman game?

I feel like people are justifying their affection for this game when they say things like this. I hated this game, but if you like, good for you. I loathe the fact that a company can buy the rights to my favorite game and change everything to make it some other game. If it were called Kane and Lynch Absolution, or Splinter Cell Absolution, I would have no problem with the game. But they have sullied the good name of Agent 47 with this garbage installment.

At it's heart, a Hitman game should be a open level, simulation assassination game. That's what it always was, and those games were great. Absolution is more linear, more story driven, more action-packed oriented, and more arcadey. If you like those things, cool, but don't tell me this is a Hitman game because it is not.

Too bad the box says otherwise. I suppose the Resident Evil games after 3 aren't RE games either, huh? Or Tomb Raider isn't Tomb Raider because new Lara doesn't have twin pistols and a massive rack. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a Hitman game. It's called the series evolving...no doubt to get some mainstream appeal. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes here and continue to tweak the series.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#13hellobob09Posted 4/11/2013 12:15:30 PM
awpdawhales posted...
Kid Maze posted...
...the story was better then most... And I can't for the life of me understand why people say its bad (granted its not perfect) or doesn't feel like a Hitman game. It most certainly does.

Just from memory, there were no targets, where you could choose how to kill them, in 85% of the missions. That "feels" like a Hitman game?

I feel like people are justifying their affection for this game when they say things like this. I hated this game, but if you like, good for you. I loathe the fact that a company can buy the rights to my favorite game and change everything to make it some other game. If it were called Kane and Lynch Absolution, or Splinter Cell Absolution, I would have no problem with the game. But they have sullied the good name of Agent 47 with this garbage installment.

At it's heart, a Hitman game should be a open level, simulation assassination game. That's what it always was, and those games were great. Absolution is more linear, more story driven, more action-packed oriented, and more arcadey. If you like those things, cool, but don't tell me this is a Hitman game because it is not.

Your memory fails you. Hard.

Just because you didn't like the game doesn't give you a right to expunge it from the series.

Oh, by the way, this is a Hitman game.
---
Above the Ignorance
#14gobuffalo30Posted 4/12/2013 7:11:58 AM
hellobob09 posted...
awpdawhales posted...
Kid Maze posted...

Just because you didn't like the game doesn't give you a right to expunge it from the series.

Actually it does give him the right, just like you have the right to call this game Hitman. And he's pretty much right in what he said, so don't try to put others down because you think your opinion is superior and no one else knows what they're talking about.
#15hellobob09Posted 4/12/2013 3:28:59 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
hellobob09 posted...
awpdawhales posted...
Kid Maze posted...

Actually it does give him the right, just like you have the right to call this game Hitman. And he's pretty much right in what he said, so don't try to put others down because you think your opinion is superior and no one else knows what they're talking about.

lol
It's not my opinion that this is a Hitman game, look at the title, main character, playing style, etc.

My opinion would be that this was a good Hitman game, albeit flawed to a certain extent.

Good try though ace.
---
Above the Ignorance
#16spectreSDPosted 4/19/2013 12:15:43 PM
The only problem I have with it is the linearity produced from breaking the missions into smaller sections. Being dropped in a large environment and figuring out where to go was part of what made the series great. The detection system isn't great, either, but it's not game-breaking or anything.

Most of the other changes are good, in that they fixed clunky controls and made combat more interesting. Overall, it's a solid game, but it's not as great as it could have been.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eLCg8Qf.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ZaclG.gif http://i.imgur.com/iu23I.gif http://files2.fliiby.com/images/_original/tp1822gz3k9.gif
#17gobuffalo30Posted 4/20/2013 2:35:43 PM
hellobob09 posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
hellobob09 posted...
awpdawhales posted...
Kid Maze posted...

lol
It's not my opinion that this is a Hitman game, look at the title, main character, playing style, etc.

My opinion would be that this was a good Hitman game, albeit flawed to a certain extent.

Good try though ace.

So I can put on a shirt that says "president", call myself "president" and act like the "president", that makes me the president then, doesn't it? I like your logic.
#18presea_loverPosted 4/24/2013 7:09:50 AM
I just got it and started playing. It's a decent Splinter Cell: Conviction style modern stealth game, but it doesn't play anything like a Hitman game. Getting a Silent Assassin rank doesn't make me feel awesome like it did in previous games, it just involves exploiting stupid AI and abusing line-of-sight stealth. The disguises system is obnoxious, pretty much forcing me to go into stealth all the time while wearing my disguise (because I don't like to waste instinct, since the devs love to place tons of enemies at the final stretch before level end.)

The worst sin this game commits, though, is using a checkpoint system. The checkpoints are way too far apart and completely infuriate me. A tiny mistake on my part can lead to replaying the same exact 10 minutes of gameplay. And it is exactly the same, because I'm trying to get the best nonlethal/stealth rank, which means I can't really improvise much.

The forced action sections suck as well. I'm okay with cheap ambushes around corners (the game loves these, as if to say "don't like using instinct? Haha, enjoy these 4 guards you couldn't see or hear before now!"), but I don't like sections where enemies will be alerted and there's nothing I can do. Hitman: Contracts had an action-packed finale level that still felt fair and allowed completely stealthy gameplay.

Anyway, 6/10 average/extremely mediocre. Not as horrible as I thought it would be, not as bland as I was expecting, but with some obnoxious design decisions which go against everything a Hitman game is supposed to be. I don't know who thought the king of sandbox stealth murder simulators needed more linear corridors and helicopter chases.

Just my opinion as somebody who loved Contracts and Blood Money.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
#19NazgulCentralPosted 4/29/2013 3:17:20 AM
I enjoy this game but its definitely not what I was expecting or wanted from a Hitman game. Playing it the way it wants you to play is infuriating and frustrating at times.
I've picked it up again after about four months to get the last achievement (Professional Complete) and I've been playing it like Manhunt, and I'm really enjoying it at the moment! Dexter Industries was a pain to do stealthily, but picking people off with ma screwdriver and proximity mines is awesome, then the last part going all special forces with the sniper rifle was great. But it's not really a Hitman game when I get more enjoyment from it by playing like a psychopath than getting the buzz from the perfect kill like in the other games.
---
When I was seven years old, I dressed up as a little city gent, and walked into the Bank of England shouting "**** the pound."
#20green_aboboPosted 4/29/2013 4:53:54 PM
biggest problem with it (besides questionable characters & plot) is using checkpoints, doesn't reset the AI starting positions like restarting the level would.

therefore, it makes them useless.

get rid of the autosaves & go back to the limited manual ones.