Why all the hate on this game?

#51mdl5000Posted 8/19/2013 2:28:11 PM
People like Blood Money because it was what a Hitman game was "supposed" to be, whatever that is. However this doesn't say much about the AI, which is the biggest problem of the series.
#52Gobey6Posted 8/26/2013 5:41:30 PM
Blood money is actually my least favorite of the series (excluding codename 47 which I never played)

Don't get me wrong it's a great game... But the levels were so big it was almost a pain to really figure out the mechanics of the assassinations and allows for lots of missed opportunities....

And the disguise system was simplified for that game as well.

I prefer contracts to blood money. The levels had a better progression and were complex yet accessible... Traditions of the trade was like the best hitman level ever...

But by favorites are absolution and silent assassin because they both have a story attached to them as well and are put together better as a whole.

And absolution keeps me playing to this day with contracts mode...

Now don't get me wrong... I would love the sequel to tweak the disguise system again, not blood money easy, but not as difficult as absolution is on harder difficulties....

And it would be friggin sweet to see some blood money and contracts sized levels with the new gameplay mechanics at work and a contracts mode to customize them...

And contracts mode should be more in depth and customizable as well... And bring back custom loadouts...

Give me that and I'll just play that game again and again
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#53CLMitchellPosted 8/31/2013 4:11:34 AM
Infinite 2003 posted...
What is is with all the praise for Blood Money these days? When it released I remember I remember it being widely considered the worst in the series (well after the first one). People hated how easy and simplified it was. Myself included.

You're either full of it, or mistakenly assuming your opinion was reflected by the majority at the time of release.
---
"You got your good things, and I got mine."
#54Infinite 2003Posted 9/2/2013 4:02:39 PM
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
What is is with all the praise for Blood Money these days? When it released I remember I remember it being widely considered the worst in the series (well after the first one). People hated how easy and simplified it was. Myself included.

You're either full of it, or mistakenly assuming your opinion was reflected by the majority at the time of release.

Or because that's how it actually was. Many Hitman purists hated how easy and casualized Blood Money is. Because face it. It is. I got Silent Assassin on Professional on every mission in Blood Money with ease. It's a joke compared to the older games. And compared to Absolution for that matter.
#55Punda_PrimePosted 9/2/2013 5:24:13 PM
Infinite 2003 posted...
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

Or because that's how it actually was. Many Hitman purists hated how easy and casualized Blood Money is. Because face it. It is. I got Silent Assassin on Professional on every mission in Blood Money with ease. It's a joke compared to the older games. And compared to Absolution for that matter.

Blood money may have been easier than contracts or SA, but at least it stayed true to the hitman style. Absolution makes for a decent stealth game, but except for a few levels its pretty much hitman gear solid.

And on the subject of disguises I understand where absolution is going, but I still find it odd that one new cop out of a dozen raises suspicion but no one questions it when you impersonate the only judge in town
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#56Flub-A-DubPosted 9/3/2013 2:49:13 AM
Infinite 2003 posted...
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

All you're stating is your view, not a fact, and even so I still wonder what dimension you were living in bcause it's not the same as mine (and, it appears, everyone else's) where Blood Money was and still is regarded as the peak of the series.
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#57Infinite 2003Posted 9/3/2013 4:05:47 PM
Flub-A-Dub posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

All you're stating is your view, not a fact, and even so I still wonder what dimension you were living in bcause it's not the same as mine (and, it appears, everyone else's) where Blood Money was and still is regarded as the peak of the series.

ITP:A few posters on Gamefaqs = everyone. Multiple people I know in IRL agree with my opinion as does another poster in this topic. So clearly your opinion on BM is not as unanimous as you think it is. Believe it or not, your view isn't a fact either.
#58Infinite 2003Posted 9/3/2013 4:21:48 PM
Punda_Prime posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

Blood money may have been easier than contracts or SA, but at least it stayed true to the hitman style. Absolution makes for a decent stealth game, but except for a few levels its pretty much hitman gear solid.

And on the subject of disguises I understand where absolution is going, but I still find it odd that one new cop out of a dozen raises suspicion but no one questions it when you impersonate the only judge in town

Absolution still plays much like a Hitman game. You just have to sneak around more often, and the levels follow 47 through the entire timeline of the game instead of just the assassinations. It kind of sounds like your having a problem dealing with change more than anything.

And to be honest the AI has never really been totally logical when it comes to disguises, so that's sort of a moot point. You could make similar complaints about every game in the series.
#59Punda_PrimePosted 9/3/2013 7:48:51 PM
Infinite 2003 posted...
Punda_Prime posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

Absolution still plays much like a Hitman game. You just have to sneak around more often, and the levels follow 47 through the entire timeline of the game instead of just the assassinations. It kind of sounds like your having a problem dealing with change more than anything.

And to be honest the AI has never really been totally logical when it comes to disguises, so that's sort of a moot point. You could make similar complaints about every game in the series.

If by hitman game you mean the japan levels of hitman SA or the hunter hunted level and of contracts (which come to think of it is about the size of one of the larger absolution levels), then I agree. The difference is the older games had one of those "non-permissive-sneak-happy" levels for every half dozen regular levels while this game has turned that ratio on its head. Still contracts looks like a good way to get some life out of the better levels (the streets of hope and either of the chinatown assassinations) as well as turning otherwise lackluster non-assassination levels (like the courthouse and gun range) into decent missions.
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#60a-witty-namePosted 9/4/2013 12:28:23 PM
Infinite 2003 posted...
Flub-A-Dub posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
CLMitchell posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

ITP:A few posters on Gamefaqs = everyone. Multiple people I know in IRL agree with my opinion as does another poster in this topic. So clearly your opinion on BM is not as unanimous as you think it is. Believe it or not, your view isn't a fact either.

I've never understood why people on the internet pretend someone said something else, just to give the illusion of being in the right. In real life it might be understandable, but when it's in recorded text it's a baffling tactic.