Best way to prevent corrupted saves?

#1MrDummyPosted 4/3/2014 12:56:35 PM
Ok, I've read all topics about this game's issue with destroying game save files.

So I want to start playing it tonight but first I want to do everything I can to prevent this corrupted file issue.

Can someone with some experience playing this game give me pointers on how to prevent this from happening to me? Besides saying not to play it!

I've downloaded the games on demand version but haven't loaded it up yet, so how or what should I do before playing it?

Example: clear cache, save on cloud instead of HDD, or save on HDD & cloud, or save on just USB, etc...

Thank you,

MrD
---
Currently Playing: WWE'13 & GTA V (From Launch)
Keeping my 360 until it Bricks or the "ONE" releases some Games I want to play!
#2MrDummy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 10:01:28 AM
Wow, can't believe nobody has bothered to reply to my question...
---
#3corex3dPosted 4/5/2014 10:55:11 AM
I don't think anyone knows just make sure to backup the save when you are done playing I made it through the entire story just fine though
#4git2thechoppaPosted 4/5/2014 12:22:54 PM
MrDummy posted...
Wow, can't believe nobody has bothered to reply to my question...

This is a dead board. It's only a little active now because it's free with Xbox Live Gold, thus only new players are really posting here.
---
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.
#5RARuskPosted 4/5/2014 1:01:51 PM
I recommend using a Memory Unit or USB drive and backing up your save to it about once per half hour of play so that if something happens you can erase the corrupted save from the HDD and restore it using the backup and don't have to backtrack as much.
---
"it's the gamefaqs train! ROLLING IN A CIRCLE, MISSING THE POINT. choo chooo!!!!!" - Planet_Terror
#6saleonkennedyPosted 4/6/2014 6:08:55 PM
My save just got deleted. Game froze and yeah. This sucks
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#7MrDummy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 7:36:48 AM
Ok thank you I will save to USB if I decide to even try it.

It seems almost like It's not worth the bother...
---
#8MrDummy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 6:52:23 PM
Well I played it and it looks to have a good polished hi def look and feel to it as in the sound, graphics and smooth animations.

Regarding the sneaking I do like how you can move fast while crouching at least.

But I put playing it full time until I finish up WWE 13s SP mode and reading more on what all this game offers in terms of assassinations vs the challenges.

MrD
---
#9fakesoundofprogressPosted 4/11/2014 2:09:30 AM
ah my save got corrupted! Gonna have to start backing it up, managed to get back to the same point pretty quickly though.

Ive noticed this game not saving sometimes, I finished a missions 2 nights ago, only to have to redo it last night!

Enjoying it though
#10MrDummy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 9:35:00 AM
That sucks, I think I'm going to try to play this game more and just use USB to backup saves every 30 mins or so, to be safe.

If it starts to get annoying then ill just quit playing it.
---