Best way to prevent corrupted saves?

#11buzzsawgr81Posted 4/13/2014 8:56:08 PM
I'm on my 4th playthrough as I type this and thankfully I haven't encountered the corrupt save BS (knock on wood). it seems that this glitch is kinda a get it or won't type thing. but yeah, back up your saves, just in case.
---
Peter Capaldi has now become the new Doctor. A new era begins!
#12B0vrilPosted 4/19/2014 8:29:37 AM
ugh.. I don't believe I just got this corrupted save game.
#13suzukimatsuiPosted 4/20/2014 12:25:43 AM
Yup pretty sad that Eidos hasn't dealt with the issue. Also MS giving us a free game that we cannot complete without backup up the save data or else you get a corrupt save file
#14B0vrilPosted 4/20/2014 7:23:16 AM
suzukimatsui posted...
Yup pretty sad that Eidos hasn't dealt with the issue. Also MS giving us a free game that we cannot complete without backup up the save data or else you get a corrupt save file

well... at least it's free I guess. I was actually going to buy it again.
#15swetooth9Posted 5/5/2014 7:18:42 AM
ahhhh, i got the corrupted game save smh.....didn't know this was an issue since i didn't visit this board until after i just got the corrupt save issue
---
Tar Heels, Panthers, Bobcats, Knicks, Jets, Yankees
currently playing: GTA 5
#16gullgullgullPosted 5/29/2014 10:35:26 AM
If the saving system weren't awful this wouldn't happen. Unlocked levels shouldn't be erased by a corrupted checkpoint.

It just happened to me and boy am I thrilled to find out it's a common problem.
I can deal with the game being neutered compared to Blood Money, but this is too much. Great job.
#17lostoutlawnbPosted 6/7/2014 6:53:11 PM
Ive never had it. I'm wondering if some people think they get it because the Intro scene happens every time it starts up and people think there save got lost and have to start over.
#18BombermanXPosted 6/20/2014 11:37:13 AM
My save got corrupted earlier today. The screen froze and I had to turn the XBox off and when I turned it back on and loaded up my game it was corrupted and irretrievable. I was on mission 12 on hard when it happened. I didn't get mad...surprisingly. Now I know what I'm doing in the game I breezed past level 1 and in level 2 I finished it with 9 challenges done (I need a total of 100 for the achievement and level 1 challenges don't count). I played some contracts to get some cash so I can upgrade my guns and then when I quit I copied my save game from the external hard drive to the internal hard drive. I also copied it to the cloud too.
---
When I'm concentrating, I never have more than one drink before dinner, but I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made.
#19BombermanXPosted 6/23/2014 2:18:31 PM
I have been copying my saves and good thing too. My main save got corrupted, but thankfully after I beat a level I go to the main menu and dashboard out to make my save game copy. I copied my backup back to the hard-drive and then loaded my game up and everything was just fine. I have two three backups just in case. Internal hard-drive, jump-drive, and the cloud. I keep alternating just in case my backup gets corrupter. Hmmmm, am I paranoid or thorough???
---
When I'm concentrating, I never have more than one drink before dinner, but I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made.
#20BombermanXPosted 6/25/2014 4:46:03 PM
1000/1000 = delete game and saves. I had to admit that this was a fun game.
---