I don't get why they went to the effort...

#1noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/20/2012 5:58:18 PM
Of providing all these graphical options to make it feel like a true PC release, and then forego a PC FoV or FoV slider.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#2Psycho_KenshinPosted 11/20/2012 6:00:57 PM
Those are kind of unrelated, one doesn't undo the other. Personally, I don't mind the FOV, looks fine to me. In FPS games I do tend to raise the FOV a bit, but I'm not getting a bad feel from this.

Do you happen to know what the FOV is? I don't.
---
One Piece: Pirates with style!
-= Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action =-
#3Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/21/2012 7:45:45 AM
I've never changed my FOV in any game. I never understood why anyone would either.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#4emidasPosted 11/21/2012 8:15:53 AM
Assassin_X_Geth posted...
I've never changed my FOV in any game. I never understood why anyone would either.

You really can't "understand"? Is that a joke?
---
i5-2500k | MSI Twin Frozr III 560 Ti 448 | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance LP | CM HAF 932
http://speedtest.net/result/1904795009.png
#5Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/21/2012 5:34:53 PM
No. Why would you need to change the FOV? I play it at however the developer made it by default. Its like like taking an art piece and adding your own touches. Defeats the purpose of it being the artists art piece.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#6Psycho_KenshinPosted 11/21/2012 5:40:39 PM
Not really. Taste in FOV can be as subjective as any other setting, and PC games have lots of settings.

Personally, I'm fine with the FOV of this game, but don't try to be "right" or "wrong" about your personal preference there.
---
One Piece: Pirates with style!
-= Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action =-
#7noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:50:39 PM
No. Why would you need to change the FOV? I play it at however the developer made it by default. Its like like taking an art piece and adding your own touches. Defeats the purpose of it being the artists art piece.

...we have shadow options
...resolution options
...vsync on or off
...we can change the controls
...did you know we have audio sliders?
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#8runwhen_useemePosted 11/21/2012 7:33:47 PM

But most developers and graphics artists do all their work with a much larger field of view.

Then the field of view is narrowed late in development when they are trying to optimize performance.
#9mrplanktomPosted 11/21/2012 9:01:22 PM

"My opinion. I never understood why everyone doesn't think exactly like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 herpy derpy!"
---
There's no group of people more delusional than blizz fanboys. Including scientologists.
#10fi3rcedragonPosted 11/21/2012 10:13:39 PM
It doesn't bother me so much as it's a third person game, but being forced into 55 FOV or something in a First Person Shooter really annoys me.
---
hurghhhh