Did they just turn the game into Splinter Cell?

#1ThugglesPosted 11/21/2012 5:26:07 PM
I haven't played it yet, but from the videos that's exactly what it looks like. I mean, I'm a huge fan of both series, but Hitman is Hitman. Tell me I'm wrong.

(also insert obligatory "should I buy it" here.)
---
Steam ID: thuggles
#2warlord78Posted 11/21/2012 6:36:36 PM
No they didn't. I really like the changes they have made, though I was never a "true" Hitman fan. It's one of my favorite games this year, I imagine only second to FarCry 3.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#3runwhen_useemePosted 11/21/2012 6:44:25 PM
For sure. They took a lot from Conviction...and that isn't a good thing.

Still, the game has just enough Hitman moments to keep you pushing the tons of trash in between.
#4warlord78Posted 11/21/2012 6:57:00 PM
They certainly borrowed elements from other games, but hearing people complain makes me think I'm playing a different game.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#5Pal 080Posted 11/21/2012 7:20:58 PM(edited)
Videos make it look a lot more like Splinter Cell than actually playing the game. It's not at all like SC really, except the one ability that mimics the tagging/executing of multiple targets, as seen in Conviction (and your not playing like a "real" Hitman if you're relying on that move).

It's different from other HItman games, but more like it's predecessors than a Splinter Cell game, and more in line with it's predecessors than Conviction was for the SC franchise.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#6gamesrgreatPosted 11/21/2012 7:44:37 PM
For sure. They took a lot from Conviction...and that isn't a good thing.

Still, the game has just enough Hitman moments to keep you pushing the tons of trash in between.

Yep
---
D-Jesus, Christ Bosh, King James 3:16
The Miami Heat 2012 Champs- Miller Time
#7jivedjPosted 11/22/2012 1:15:54 AM
Pretty close; even with a disguise, you have to stay out of peoples line of sight which makes the disguises more cumbersome than useful IMO. May as well just stay in the suit.
#8James MasonPosted 11/22/2012 1:44:57 AM
I do admit I end up using the suit more and more... As the disguises often get you into more trouble than no disguises.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#9colis12Posted 11/22/2012 5:04:23 AM
It's the vibe I get when playing, I don't even bother with disguises anymore...seriously all I do is just hide behind cover...roll...roll some more till I get to the next loading screen. On levels with a target I still don't even bother with disguises because it is SO easy to have your cover blown so it just comes down to a lot of trial and error and reloading checkpoints...so I stay in the suit...get caught...reload till I get to the target and use the obvious option to take them out...easy silent assassin..
---
pie good
#10azulmono55Posted 11/22/2012 7:58:46 AM(edited)
Granted, I haven't got too far into the story at all (I'm only on the third level, the one after Chinatown) but those people saying "Oh I don't even bother with disguises any more" are exaggerating hugely. It gets MUCH easier to get around if you're wearing a disguise, as there hasn't seemed to ever be a room in which you're required to cross filled with only 1 type of NPC and they're the only ones who are allowed there. Only in that situation would wearing a disguise not be beneficial.

EDIT: I should add, I went straight to playing on Expert as I didn't like the idea of moving up a difficulty and having to totally rethink my strategy due to some added guards.
---
BF3 Platoon for Skid Loader lovers - The Skid Loader Club:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241192792365/