No customisable weapons or loadouts??

#1smfpthm13Posted 11/21/2012 2:06:08 AM
I understand the improvise as you go thing but come on. Birdie couldn't become a weapons dealer for you or replay levels with better equipment. Contracts mode feels empty and i much rather have some options in story mode. Not saying i completely hate the game but it seems IO decided to leave everything that made BM great behind.
---
"I am the special effects."---Johnny Cage
#2smfpthm13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 2:08:36 AM
and where did my ballers go?
---
"I am the special effects."---Johnny Cage
#3alkobobPosted 11/21/2012 2:36:05 AM
The whole point of the game is that 47 is on his own, with little/no fund, no support from the Agency and unable to go to the usual safe houses, so he has to make do with the bare minimum he has.

His silver ballers were in that case he gave to Birdie as payment, but you do get them back later on.

What is slightly annoying is that 47 loses any weapons he's picked up in the previous mission, even though its direct continuation through the mission.
---
"The English don't have accents - this is just how things sound when pronounced properly." - trentonchase.
#4ccjjPosted 11/21/2012 2:48:12 AM
That is one big briefcase and he has it with him in cut scenes between mission so
I'm not buying the whole not having access because he is on the run.

If he can carry three pistols a brick and a rifle in his pockets then he should be
able to do the same between missions in his briefcase, its only fair.
#5crunchb3rryPosted 11/21/2012 5:16:57 PM
Yeah, really, it's odd to pick up a sniper rifle and just "stash it." Would have rather they had the crates like before, where you could put stuff in them and have it save to your safehouse.

I know the Agency is out of the picture, but it would have been nice to have a safehouse. And I keep having my stats show "last weapon unlocked" and it's never in any kind of list for me to check. At least not any I can find.
#6Hellfire-1Posted 11/21/2012 5:23:38 PM
smfpthm13 posted...
and where did my ballers go?

Did you even watch the cutscenes?
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#7ccjjPosted 11/21/2012 5:50:28 PM
They could have replaced the safe house with various seedy hotel rooms where we
can store and select guns.
#8LeonPliskenPosted 11/21/2012 5:53:49 PM
I will totally accept the ballers being gone, but I want to at least be able to pick which of the guns I KNOW I left a level with.
---
I enjoyed Hellgate, Deadly Premonition, Phantasy Star Universe, and many other "bad games."
#9ccjjPosted 11/21/2012 6:52:53 PM
The devs should have known, never mess with another dudes Ball(er)s.