ok,HOW THE HELL do I unlock weapons so that I can use it in Contracts Mode?

#1doraemonllh1989Posted 11/22/2012 6:11:18 AM
Please tell me

I pick up KAZO sniper,finish the mission,leave the mission,why it still doesn't get unlock in Contracts mode?and why some weapons just unlock randomly?Did I do something wrong?Do I need to buy this weapon specifically or what?
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#2_Val_Posted 11/22/2012 6:15:18 AM
Weapons you pick up in the main game are unlocked in Contracts mode, but there are a few that you HAVE to buy I guess, like some named character's personal weapons.

The Agency sniper must either be bought or (I think) unlocked with Sniper Challenge preorder bonus. I don't have the Sniper Challenge so I can't be 100% sure about this part though.
#3doraemonllh1989(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 6:16:41 AM
Damn....well thanks for the reply,at least Im not confuse right now,I think thats how unlock works
---
#4sbrutePosted 11/22/2012 6:28:50 AM
Yeah I've unlocked a few weapons in the main story and used them in the Contract mode. I also used the dlc weapons in Contract mode. The locked weapons that you have to buy in Contract mode are expensive....lol
---
Property of Boyz 12
#5doraemonllh1989(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:06:22 AM
Well i just **** it and bought the kazo,luckily i dont care much about other weapons :S

i just main silver baller and sniper
---
#6Sin JackalPosted 11/24/2012 2:39:32 AM
I got the KAZO because I pre-ordered and did the Sniper Challenge stuff. Tbh, it takes less time to just do a bunch of contracts and buy the Kazo/rest of the stuff, than it did to do the Sniper Missions as many times as you have to to unlock everything.

Of course, the Sniper Challenge mission is extremely fun. Sucks for everyone that didn't pre order, because tbh, it's more fun than a lot of the levels in the actual game. I'm sure it'll be a DLC at some point though for like 2-3 dollars.

As for the other stuff. . .you can find some of those weapons in story mode and keep them. For example, when you start The Library area, after coming off the pillar, there's a small side alcove before you go down to the ground floor on the first ledge that has the police shotgun sitting up against the wall. Just complete the mission with it and it's yours. I haven't found any listed weapons that I -couldn't- keep just yet.
#7bmouse6Posted 11/24/2012 8:36:05 AM
So... I still don't get it. I've only completed 2 missions and the tutorial, but I made sure that I pick up all the firearms as I go. The picture of the firearm appears when I select the UNLOCKS menu. For example, I picked up the shotty from the terminus hotel, it appears in the UNLOCKS menu as "last weapon unlocked", but it is not on the list, when i scroll through, even when playing CONTRACTS. None of the guns appear on the list, it only has the agency weapons, some unique weapons like layla's and dexter's and the zenith pistol... Confused... Any ideas?
#8bmouse6Posted 11/24/2012 1:07:04 PM
Just finished Fight For Your Life, collected the Aries pistol, didn't unlock either...
#9bmouse6Posted 11/24/2012 2:00:08 PM
I googled around and it seems to me that there is a lot of confusion surrounding the unlocking of new weapons. Has anybody actually collected a weapon from story mode and picked it for use in contracts from the weapons list?