Gun Shop, help with challenges needed..spoilers

#1ck1Posted 11/25/2012 5:47:54 PM
I've unlocked all the challenges except the one called, "Assassin's Signature - Shooting Contest Won", it seems pretty self explanatory, I thought I had to beat Lily in the shooting contest using my unlocked silberballers, which I have done, multiple times, but I still haven't been able to complete this challenge. I get that if I already have my silverballers the contest is pretty much pointless to begin with since the whole idea was for me to get the guns AFTER I win the contest but without them how do I complete this "assassin's signature" challenge? Am I supposed to use a different weapon?...what am I missing, what am I doing wrong..?

thanks
#2Hellfire-1Posted 11/25/2012 6:00:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I got that challenge by unlocking my silverballers the hard way, and then using them in the shooting challenge against Lily.

I could be wrong though, I've done so many challenges that they're hard to keep straight.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#3ck1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 6:09:05 PM
I actually did JUST that, I beat her with the gun that is provided standard at the beginning of the mission (that was a huge pain in the A with an 8 round gun), and then I immediately challenged her again using the newly unlocked silverballers, won, and still nothing...
#4Hellfire-1Posted 11/25/2012 8:18:44 PM
ck1 posted...
I actually did JUST that, I beat her with the gun that is provided standard at the beginning of the mission (that was a huge pain in the A with an 8 round gun), and then I immediately challenged her again using the newly unlocked silverballers, won, and still nothing...

I meant I unlocked them using the safe key... but I really can't remember 100% what got me that challenge... sorry :(
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#5ck1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:26:14 PM
Yeah I've actually done that too. Gonna have to move on without this one.
#6strideurPosted 11/25/2012 11:48:50 PM
ck1 posted...
Yeah I've actually done that too. Gonna have to move on without this one.

I'm having the same issue. It seems that once you open the case, you can't get the cutscene for winning the shoot out, which is what triggers the challenge for the other guns.

I did it with the ultramax a few times before I realized it only "counts" if you haven't got your guns back yet.

Post back if you figure it out... Very annoying.
#7ck1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:35:22 AM
I finally got it! The trick is to win the shooting challenge using ONLY ONE of your silverballers, and not both. It finally dawned on me when staring at the weapon selection feature where it gives you the option to use only one of the guns instead of both at once. Mystery solved. And after playing this challenge for what felt like a million times I can proudly say my final and personal best score was 681.
#8ck1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:40:09 AM
Oh and I also wanted to mention that I achieved the challenge after unlocking the silverballers BEFORE winning the shooting challenge so you can actually do that.
#9Kanadian_KeithPosted 11/26/2012 12:40:18 AM
ck1 posted...
I finally got it! The trick is to win the shooting challenge using ONLY ONE of your silverballers, and not both. It finally dawned on me when staring at the weapon selection feature where it gives you the option to use only one of the guns instead of both at once. Mystery solved. And after playing this challenge for what felt like a million times I can proudly say my final and personal best score was 681.

It doesn't matter if you use one or two guns. The goal of the challenge is to use your silverballers and win the competition with a score of at least 680, hence why you completed the challenge.
---
List of games I own: www.videogamelist.tumblr.com Total: 767
#10ck1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:08:06 AM
Kanadian_Keith posted...
ck1 posted...

It doesn't matter if you use one or two guns. The goal of the challenge is to use your silverballers and win the competition with a score of at least 680, hence why you completed the challenge.

Well where u been all this time? Anyway thank you for clarifying that