Definitley did not deserve this SA rank

#1smfpthm13Posted 12/4/2012 9:59:10 AM
Ive been having a blast completeing the challenges for each level. This requires multiple runs of course and sometimes my patience runs out. I was playing hunter and the hunted and had to get a couple weapons, suit only, and infiltrator in chinese new year. after taking out dom I had the filler splinter cell conviction levels to get through before the 3 hits. It was late so I decided to pretty much blast my way through it. I killed everyone in the store and loading docks. When i finished the level I was given the SA rank!? It said I was only spotted once which is crazy until I realized that I never really stayed out in the open. I waltzed through the level blasting most of the guys 1 on 1 before they even knew what happened. I was like mel gibson in the patriot a ghost with a shotgun apparently. Its still retarded that i was given it because I sure made a lot of noise for a Silent Assassin.
---
"I am the special effects."---Johnny Cage
#2riddlebox89Posted 12/4/2012 12:00:03 PM
I think the SA ranks are dependant on your points, not what you actually do, so you could go through part of the mission guns blazing, then do everything like 47 would in the next part and still get the SA rank even though you killed about a dozen people.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3smfpthm13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:54:52 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
I think the SA ranks are dependant on your points, not what you actually do, so you could go through part of the mission guns blazing, then do everything like 47 would in the next part and still get the SA rank even though you killed about a dozen people.

Thats a problem if you ask me. I killed innocents and police officers with loud weapons and didnt hide any bodies. It was on normal too so the multiplier was low. I used accidents to kill my targets so i got a large amount of points for that. On the flip side my work as an assassin took precedent over sneaking but i think if you go guns blazing you shouldnt be rewarded for it.
---
"I am the special effects."---Johnny Cage
#4lawjr3Posted 12/4/2012 12:55:48 PM
In Contracts (Hitman part 3), they had SO MANY rankings. If you killed everyone in the level with silent weapons and never got spotted once, your ranking was ninja assassin. Silent Assassin was almost always nearly impossible.
#5Doubleglock18Posted 12/4/2012 8:35:13 PM
i miss those old rankings. terrorist, murderer, ect. they were great. pretty much the only reason why i don't like the scoring system. that and the only way to unlock stuff is by stealthing it.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#6verbalfilthPosted 12/4/2012 9:05:21 PM
This game has a very brokern rating system. It's geared more towards racking up as many points as you can rather than your play style.
I did that whole hunter and hunted level on hard, suit only without being spotted. No kills or knocking people unconcious....
and all I got was shadow for the overall rating.

I watched a guy playing the same level kncoking people out / killing them and he got silent assassin.

I just stopped caring about the ratings and just go for a pure play through.
#7lawjr3Posted 12/5/2012 11:29:51 AM
Mentally, that's hard for me to do. I really really liked earning silent assassin. But when I didn't get it, and I knew why, I was ok with the rankings I got. I think I remember getting the terrorist ranking i the Mardi Gras level.
I do like the shadow ranking, but it doesn't feel tops. And you're right. The game isn't all about stealth. Blending has always been 47's specialty. In fact, even though it's a parody of it, when he puts on the kimono, I never thought that was ridiculous. 47 is a man who is NOT afraid to wear whatever the hell is lying around.
Honestly I love the scavenger hunt. I've been doing that since the first game. I kind wish they would patch that into the rerelease.