Guys , is this not right ?

#1vivalatourPosted 12/4/2012 9:56:00 AM
I was playing and playing and then noticed a few details , like the "chef" it said incomplete ? why do I have to eliminate him? I cut many corners w/o a kill and I sure thought that is how the game is suppose to be played ? other than that there are articles pictures etc. I failed to find too ? ... is all this necessary to complete the game right , is there a right and wrong way to do things ? ... how are you guys doing ? I thought I was doing good until I found out about this stuff ? 12/30 7/16 etc. .... just wondering Thanks !
#2spike17spiegelPosted 12/4/2012 10:04:16 AM
Wow, relax!
Those are challenges and are all optional.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
#3sourround2002Posted 12/4/2012 10:15:14 AM
There is no "right" or "wrong" way to play. Hitman has always been about playing the way you want.

With that said, some playstyles are more difficult than others. For instance, obtaining the Silent Assassin rating on each level on the harder difficulties is significantly more difficult than just blasting your way through each area. I personally enjoy playing Hitman the Silent Assassin way and always have.

The challenges are just a way to say "Hey, try to kill the guy this way!" In the second level, there are over 12 different ways to kill the mark. If you view the challenges, there is one challenge for almost every possible way to kill the mark. Performing each challenge is fun because it shows you other ways to complete your goal. Not only that, but each challenge adds a bonus multiplier to future scores for that level, so if you're trying to get the best score o any level for the Leaderboards, it's a good idea to complete all the challenges first. I also find that completing challenges helps in learning the layout of each level so that when I attempt the Silent Assassin playstyle, I have a better understanding of the level.
#4riddlebox89Posted 12/4/2012 12:47:34 PM
The stuff that says incomplete aren't actually the people, it's their outfit, if you didn't knock the chef out and steal his clothes then you didn't get his disguise, so it would be incomplete, same as if you didn't pick up a wrench or a brick.

I would've thought this would've been obvious as there are two disguises sitting right in the open that you can pick up, which when finishing the mission would appear on the status screen as complete, so you'd have seen that you got the gardener and mansion interior guard disguises without knocking them out.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5Doubleglock18Posted 12/4/2012 7:39:28 PM
though there are a ton of ways to take out targets, there is generally only one maybe two ways to get silent assassin on a target.make of that what you will.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#6ToxicJuiceboxPosted 12/4/2012 9:24:40 PM(edited)
Also, there is no way to do all the challenges in one run. You have to play the missions multiple times and complete them in a lot of different ways to get them all.
#7vivalatour(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:04:37 AM
I BLOODY think I got it ,and I an truly going play this game to the best of my ability even if it;takes weeks ? ,,, Thanks ...
#8najzerePosted 12/5/2012 8:39:29 AM
I think I will blast through every level and kill everyone to get the suit only challenges after I finish the game. Should be a good way to de-stress, find all the stuff and get mentally prepared to go through for Silent Assassin on the ones I missed. This game is a lot of fun.