Rosewood glitch?

#1jmc305Posted 12/5/2012 8:54:39 AM
I have beaten the game and now I am going back to do challenges. I watched an IGN walkthrough on how to beat the syringe challenge on Rosewood. I was able to do the first 2 parts of this 3-part challenge. However, on the 3rd part, when I kill the first guard, it says "1 of 5." The 2nd guard says "2 of 5." The 3rd guard says "3 of 5" However, on the 4th guard, instead of saying "4 of 5" it goes back to 1 of 5. It does this every time. :( I noticed the 2nd leg of this challenge had a hard time registering my kills, but I thought maybe I wasn't quite satisfying the conditions of the challenge. I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be stealthy, or with a thrown syringe, or up close and personal. The IGN guide said (and demonstrated) that the kills didn't have to be stealthy. He ran around stabbing necks with the syringe while in full alert mode and he completed the challenge. That NEVER worked for me. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. I was wondering if anybody else has found this on PS3 and if there are any fixes? Is there a patch out for this game yet? Thanks in advance :) .
#2MetallicaOpethPosted 12/5/2012 9:02:43 AM
you have to syringe the 5 guys in/less than 2 minutes
#3kitsune2222Posted 12/5/2012 9:09:52 AM
I wish the challenges were better explained in the description.
#4jmc305(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:11:17 AM
Well....OK I guess. But the IGN walkthrough guy was taking it easy, using the fire extinguisher to distract the 5 guys one by one, and he got it. He didn't say anything about a time limit. But I'll try it again with a stopwatch and see what my time is. I still say there's something fishy going on because he was able to do non stealth kills and get it, and it won't register my non steath kills AT ALL. And if it has to be within a time limit, why does it go back to 1? Shouldn't it reset back to 0? Thanks for the reply. I'll try again. :)
#5MetallicaOpethPosted 12/5/2012 9:14:55 AM
jmc305 posted...
Well....OK I guess. But the IGN walkthrough guy was taking it easy, using the fire extinguisher to distract the 5 guys one by one, and he got it. He didn't say anything about a time limit. But I'll try it again with a stopwatch and see what my time is. I still say there's something fishy going on because he was able to do non stealth kills and get it, and it won't register my non steath kills AT ALL. And if it has to be within a time limit, why does it go back to 1? Shouldn't it reset back to 0? Thanks for the reply. I'll try again. :)

uh do you mean it goes back to 1 AFTER you kill someone? I assume it's because if you go over the time limit, it resets the number of guys to kill but since you've just done one it counts as 1 (ie the first in the new time set)?
#6jmc305(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:23:57 AM
Pretty much as soon as the needle goes into guy #4, instead of going to "4 of 5" it pops up as "1 of 5." So I kill 2 more guys and get it back up to 3. Then on #4 once again, it goes back to 1. I rewatched the IGN video and while the guy is blabbing away and taking his tme, he completes it in 2:05 from the time the needle goes into guy #1 til he kills guy #5. So I don't get it.... Like someone said earlier, wish the challenges were more clearly defined. Maybe if it is a glitch, they can patch it. I guess I'll just have to skip this one and come back to it later.
#7bmouse6Posted 12/5/2012 9:49:46 AM
i had a lot of trouble with this challenge, but it can be done without problems in central heating(i believe that was the name of the stage). there are 6 guys in the stage before you face Wade, just syringe the first five and you're all set. they DO NOT have to be stealth kills!
#8MetallicaOpethPosted 12/5/2012 9:50:30 AM
the only thing that would explain it going from 3 back down to 1 is you went over the time limit and it reset the timer. I'm just basing this off what it says in the strategy guide, it says 2 minutes, so either you're taking too long and it's resetting, or your game is messed
#9jmc305(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:19:26 AM
Oh well. I went back and this time it wouldn't register even the 1st one. Then on #2 it said one, then it went up to 2, then back down to 1. It's glitched. And maybe the first time I went through this level and did "subtle syringe 1" I got one of the kills as a non-stealth. But now, everybody must be stealth killed, bodies hidden, no blood stains, no nothing or it doesn't count. I will try the 2nd part of the level where you go find Wade. Maybe since it's a different part of the level it will register my kills differently? It's worth a try. But the main part of Rosewood is frustrating the heck out of me.
#10jmc305(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:35:51 AM
bmouse6 posted...
i had a lot of trouble with this challenge, but it can be done without problems in central heating(i believe that was the name of the stage). there are 6 guys in the stage before you face Wade, just syringe the first five and you're all set. they DO NOT have to be stealth kills!

OK, a big thank you goes out to you. I tried it in the central heating and got it on the first try. I stealthed the first 2 guys, then I got stabby and it still gave it to me. For future reference, to maybe help other gamers, this method most certainly DID NOT work AT ALL in the main part of Rosewood but it works in central heating. This method was MUCH easier than the IGN walkthrough of tossing a fire extinguisher 5 times, dragging bodies, and trying to remain hidden. Thanks so much!