Keep getting Shadow when I should be getting Silent Assassin.

#1Mr_visariPosted 1/30/2013 10:40:58 AM
On my first playthrough. I only kill my targets, using fibre wire or accidents, I pacify and hide 1 person max.

I just did Fight Night got the Patriot's outfit and hid him away quietly never spotted, killed sanchez in the fight and I got Shadow.

Run for your life I ended up pacifying 1 officer, never spotted or detected, got 300,000+ points and got Shadow, but my friend get like 170,000 and got SA.

Hunter and Hunted, made it clean all the way to Chinatown. Used my Suit the entire way, all 3 of Wades guys killed by accident ( may have fibre wired one of em, but hid him) Made it out clean, and Killed Doc Osmund with Fibre wire stuffed him in the wardrobe. Got Shadow.

King of Chinatown got SA easily less than 3 min. Is SA attributed to the time it takes to complete a mission?

I know that only mission where you kill targets you get SA, but I should be getting "Silent" on ones where you have to slip through security or police.

Any Idea what I may be doing wrong?
---
"Names are for friends, so I don't need one".-Mr.47
Naruto UNS3 this Spring...Online will still be Broken :D
#2DamthielPosted 1/30/2013 2:47:24 PM
Your score is modified by two things (that I know of):

1) Your difficulty
2) How many challenges you have completed

Like you said, the target elimination sections generally net you a higher score. Sections where you are doing something else you generally get a lower score.

So it depends on what question you are asking; are you wondering about getting SA on each section or wondering about getting SA on the overall mission rank?

I would be seriously surprised if you could get SA on sections where you don't have any targets. If you can, you would probably need to be on either Expert or Purist with a lot of challenges completed. But that also kind of answers about getting the "overall" SA rank; increase the difficulty and/or finish more challenges to get a higher score.

Of course I haven't SA'd every level, this is just from what I can tell. As to your friend getting SA with 170k when you didn't with 300k, did you actually see him/her do it, or is it just what he/she told you? If that is just what you were told, it's possible your friend was just talking about a score for a single section, not overall. I actually have a total score of 370k for Hunter and Hunted, and I'm at Silent. But I dunno, that's weird if it's the truth.
#3Mr_visari(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:05:27 PM
Ill have to check his score again, but thank you for the info :)
---
#4DamthielPosted 1/30/2013 5:02:48 PM
Err oops, I'm sorry, I got a little mixed up. I reread and forgot that you were talking about Run for your Life when you mentioned your friend's score, not Hunter and Hunted. My score there is much lower, only 53k I guess (which is Veteran I suppose).

Regardless, I'm impressed if you actually managed 300k on that one, that seems tough.
#5Mr_visari(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:57:17 PM
I just did Blackwater park, killed Layla and got the Silent Assassin Rank after I had killed her, but when it came to the totals it still says I got Shadow???

Same for the Saints , had SA rank before i picked up the phone, and at totals I recieved Shadow!

I think there is something wrong here
---
#6DamthielPosted 1/30/2013 9:48:42 PM
There are two different totals: a total for a section (i.e. Penthouse of Blackwater Park) and a total for the entire level (i.e. Blackwater Park). To get a SA rank for the entire level, you have to pass a certain score threshold (I think), and each section of the level adds into the total score for the entire level. I believe there are also score thresholds for SA rank for each section as well. Let's just make one up using Blackwater Park as an example:

Say the threshold to SA the entire level is 300,000. That means between the two sections of the level (Blackwater Park and the Penthouse) you need to get a combination of scores that adds up to at least 300,000 to SA the entire level.

So yeah, getting SA in one section, but not getting it for the level, is entirely possible (it happened to me many times). It's really just about trying to maximize the score, and if you're finishing the level with perfection, then it's just a matter of increasing the difficulty and completing more challenges.
#7Mr_visari(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:55:14 PM
I hope you are right, though doesn't it seem a bit unfair that I did do the missions as a SA but have to do little challesges to unlock the SA rank.

I have Shadow all across the board ha ha. Should be SA and Silent!!!!
---
#8DamthielPosted 1/31/2013 1:29:28 PM
I know where you're coming from, but imo it's really not much different than some of the other ranking systems out there.

Just kind of think of it as getting a "SS" rank; other games ask you to S multiple ratings like kills, damage, accuracy, etc. This game asks you to do the same, just instead with your score in each section lol
#9wigsplasherPosted 1/31/2013 7:40:40 PM
I would just quit letting it bother you, TC. SA ranks don't unlock anything anyway.
---
"You don't have a wife, that's a voice in your head." - mogar002
#10randymgreenPosted 2/1/2013 3:24:54 PM
You only get SA rank when you kill a designated target(s).

Some levels do not have targets, but rather objectives, for these Shadow rank is the highest rank.

I know... it's lame.