So apparently Paul Walker...

#1DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/5/2013 9:48:40 PM
Is going to be 47 in a rebooted Hitman movie.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/fox-reloading-hitman-with-paul-walker-as-bald-barcoded-assassin-agent-47/

This is pretty terrible casting, honestly. Timothy Olyphant wasn't the problem with the last movie, and he was a pretty damn good 47.

Somehow, Paul will have less charisma than 47 and it's going to show. If Tim couldn't make a movie work, how the hell is Paul Walker going to?
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#2c0sa n0straPosted 2/6/2013 5:35:38 AM
If you made 47 into a good "movie" character he wouldn't be 47 anymore, he's cold, emotionless and calculating, a movie character needs to have some sort of emotional investment, or the audience is alienated, I don't think it's ever going to work with a Hitman movie.
#3DrunkBeardGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:17:23 AM
Well I'd say that's partially true. I think it all just comes down to the script, because the audience will get that he's an emotionless Assassin from the start if it's done right. They don't necessarily have to root for him, just have a good time and roll with it.

Maybe they'll completely change things up with this one and surprise us all. I'm all for making 47 a bit more human as long as the core of who he is never changes.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#4c0sa n0straPosted 2/6/2013 8:43:31 AM
I dunno, maybe it would work better from the viewpoint his hits, or a lawman trying to catch him, that way he can keep his mysterious air, but we still have a character to symphatize with.
#5trefz88Posted 2/6/2013 10:20:57 AM
47 isnt completely devoid of personality tho.. especially the story lines of Silent Assassin and Absolution. either one of those has a story that worked for me as far as connecting me to the character. Also, watch the movie "The Professional" thats as close to a hitman movie as we can hope for
---
"Happiness is a warm gun"
PSN: Drewish54.........MGO: HoracePW
#6NashtheLionPosted 2/6/2013 12:32:49 PM
Short film. About 20-35 minutes long
Jason Statham
No talking.

Accepts contract, shows him sneaking into a mansion, cleverly taking down a few guards and kills one of his two targets. He follows his last contract to a underground club, sets up a silenced sniper rifle and puts a bullet through his cigar.

Fin.
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#7Majin TrunksPosted 2/11/2013 7:50:29 AM
I'm watching the Mechanic as I type this...opening sequence is practically a Hitman mission, we'll see how the rest of the movie goes. Jason Statham would be a great Agent 47.
---
Don't beg for your life! Pay for it!
#8jaspercreel87Posted 2/13/2013 1:19:05 AM
Contracts would make a great movie. You have a killer opening sequence already in place, and than just need to flesh out some of the backstory more in between flashbacks. The missions have such a rich atmosphere that some could be directly lifted and placed into a movie with little adaptation.
#9git2thechoppaPosted 2/19/2013 8:18:45 AM(edited)
47 can have emotion, he is human. While it was overkill in the game, if it was toned down then I'd find his emotions in the game to not be unrealistic. Plus he's getting older, cold people typically loosen up and get more emotional as they go past middle-age (while those who were open sometimes get more bitter).

It's not film material, though. Agent 47 isn't even a GOOD character, he's more like a placeholder as an extension of the player. The only likable thing about him is when he dresses up in a funny costume or when he does something daft like a ho down or techno rave, which is intentionally 'unintentional'.

A good/accurate Hitman film would end up a depraved comedy where a hitman dresses up in chicken suits and kills complete strangers.
---
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.
#10trefz88Posted 2/19/2013 8:29:08 AM
@git2thechoppa, that actually wouldnt be a bad idea. If you look at all the individual hits throughout the series and listen to some of the random conversations there is definitely a satirical aspect to this series. So you could have a dark comedy with some periods of intense killing sequences.... like a slasher film moment seen from the perspective of the killer.
---
"Happiness is a warm gun"
PSN: Drewish54.........MGO: HoracePW
More topics from this board...
Charlie the ChipmunkCopyright201117/30 6:57AM