i dont understand the story

#1Brocken_JrPosted 3/4/2013 4:22:48 AM
i never really played a hitman game except this one, i just beat it today. i barely knew what was goin on the whole time in the cutscenes. can someone explain?
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#2El MagnificoPosted 3/4/2013 9:21:51 AM
There's really not much that you need to know from previous Hitman games since it's pretty self contained and explains everything you need to know. Anyway, since I just finished the game yesterday it's still fresh in my mind so here's my not too brief explanation. Obviously, spoilers ahead.

Agent 47 is part of an organization called the "Agency" where he gets contracts on assassinations. Diana Burnwood (the woman in the shower shot by Agent 47) was Agent 47's handler. She set him up with contracts, intel, and equipment. As you can imagine, over time he got to trust her. Diana betrays the Agency by sabotaging their database and escapes. That's basically the prologue to Absolution.

In the first chapter, we find out that Benjamin Travis replaced Diana Burnwood as Agent 47's handler and has given Agent 47 a mission to kill Diana for her betrayal and to retrieve Victoria. Agent 47 shoots Diana and asks why she betrayed him and the Agency. Diana reveals that Victoria is a genetically engineered assassin like Agent 47 and that she wanted Victoria to have a better life than what Agent 47 ended up with. She asks him to promise to protect Victoria from the Agency and he agrees to. Now, Agent 47 has gone rogue and that pisses of Travis.

Agent 47 brings Victoria to an orphanage where she'll hide while he goes to gather information about her and what the Agency is doing. He contacts Birdie, his informant, to get info. After some stuff happens Birdie leads Agent 47 to look for Blake Dexter. While snooping on Dexter, Agent 47 discovers the he plans on kidnapping Victoria and selling her to the highest bidder. Agent 47 get's caught and knocked out and Dexter discovers that he's an assassin from the Agency. He tries to frame Agent 47 for murder and torches the place.

Agent 47 escapes and you play a bunch of boring levels running away from the cops. Birdie asks Agent 47 for help because Dexter hired Wade to track down Victoria and Wade was hunting down Birdie to get her location. Agent 47 is too late and Birdie was captured by Wade. In exchange for his life, Birdie tells Wade where Victoria is. Wade along with Lenny, Dexter's son, go to the orphanage to kidnap Victoria. Agent 47 ends up killing Wade, but Lenny gets away with Victoria.

Agent 47 chases after Lenny, then confronts him. Agent 47 get's info from Lenny on where Victoria is, then kills him or leaves him to die. He goes to Dexter Industries and sabotages their laboratory where Victoria was examined to destroy the data gathered on her. Continuing on his revenge, Agent 47 kills Sanchez (the luchador). Later, he gets in some trouble with The Saints (the BSDM nuns from the Agency).

We find out that Victoria is held at the jail at the courthouse and Agent 47 goes there to rescue her, but get's caught. Dexter is pissed that his son is missing and we find out that Travis wants to buy Victoria from Dexter for $10 million. Agent 47 escapes and heads to Blackwater where Dexter is hiding with Victoria, but not before getting some new threads.

Dexter meets up with Travis and Travis tries to bluff about not having the money, but Dexter calls him on it and finally get the 10 mil. He says that he'll deliver Victoria to Travis. Victoria's assassin abilities kick in and kills a bunch of guards, but somehow becomes a damsel in distress again. Agent 47 kills Dexter and saves Victoria.

In the epilogue, we are at a cemetery where Diana is supposedly buried. Jade, Travis' assistant, is skeptical that Diana is actually dead. We find out Travis set up the project to create Victoria without the Agency's approval. Agent 47 kills Jade, then Travis. Some time passes and we find out Diana was fine all along and Victoria is with her. As the game ends we hear a message with Diana welcoming Agent 47 back to the Agency and thanks him for his help. We basically find out that everything that happened was one crazy gambit by Diana to stop Travis. So, everything is back to normal now.
#3BodeciaBustPosted 3/4/2013 9:26:42 AM
Oh crap, we've reached that point where a super simplistic story is now considered convoluted.

Girl is super soldier/weapon, villain kidnaps girl for money and/or power, hero saves girl.

******* work of art, ain't it?
---
Made you look.
#4Brocken_Jr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 2:40:20 AM
thank you very much el magnifico, i enjoyed readin that.

bodecai. you. hush. no witnesses.
---
#5TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 3/5/2013 5:26:04 PM
All he did was describe the cutscenes, and now you understand it? I call BS.
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#6Brocken_Jr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:10:04 PM
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

why would i even bother askin then? f*** off
---
#7Copyright2011Posted 3/6/2013 7:42:57 AM
Well the cutscenes are all you really need to understand it. since you know....a lot of the story is told there. Why would he not understand that? lol
---
PSN: Copyright2008
#8TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 3/6/2013 8:20:25 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

why would i even bother askin then? f*** off

Watch out, we got a big bad man using part-swear words.

Becuase you're a moron, evidently. Some people just live in another world with different rules of logic. I understand if you have a condition, but I'm not getting that impression.
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#9El MagnificoPosted 3/6/2013 8:25:03 AM
I don't get all the hostilities towards the TC. It's totally uncalled for. Maybe he wasn't paying attention to some of the scenes or he played the game over a span of several weeks and forgot some of the details from the beginning. Whatever the reason is, there's nothing wrong with wanting a summary of the plot. I'm severely disappointed in seeing fellow gamers acting as bullies.
#10TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 3/6/2013 4:07:21 PM
El Magnifico posted...
I don't get all the hostilities towards the TC. It's totally uncalled for. Maybe he wasn't paying attention to some of the scenes or he played the game over a span of several weeks and forgot some of the details from the beginning. Whatever the reason is, there's nothing wrong with wanting a summary of the plot. I'm severely disappointed in seeing fellow gamers acting as bullies.

We've had enough of the sharp lowering of intelligence over the past decade, a direct result of teen pregnancies, idiots having as many babies as possible etc.

Or quite simply, we have every right to give a kick up the butt to someone who does not understand simple things. I do not expect people to understand a quadratic equation, but if they don't understand 1 + 2, they are not blameless, so need a kick up the butt to hopefully give them an epiphany.

Plus, there's no such thing as a 'gamer', at least not using the definition you likely give it.
---