So I just finished the game, and my opinion has slightly changed

#11Y2i3m0dPosted 4/9/2013 10:41:37 PM
I guess it's not that bad. Finishing it felt satisfying, the story made up for some of the gameplay shortcomings. Only some though.

The last few stages are the best IMO. In Dexters Penthouse level I managed to steal the suit of one of Layla's advanced personal security guards (wearing a complete helmet) so I was able to walk through the stage and by all the guards with no problem. This was a welcome change, I got sick to death of stealing an outfit but still having to put in a ridiculous level of stealth. Maybe it's my imagination but it feels like they updated the Instinct meter to actually last a little longer when you're blending in. I remember when I first started playing it would waste the entire bar to blend in for just a few seconds.

So they have 3 big things to focus on in the next game;

*bringing in at least a few levels which follow the classic Hitman formula where stages are done all at once instead of being broken down into bit-sized checkpoints.

*A touchup to the disguise system. I don't mind the idea that they notice you if you get too close but it's a little too extreme; even if a guard sees you from the corner of his eye halfway cross the stage he notices you're not one of them? It's frustrating. They need more costumes which actually let you walk around freely at least in some areas. And a few more places to "Hide" would be nice as well. I counted like 5 or 6 total in the entire game where you were able to use a workstation to hide your face while someone passes. Good idea, badly implemented.

*And finally a return to classic Hitman. Too many of the levels were personal. I liked the last games where you actually know about your target and need to meet demands of the buyer, not just on your own terms.

What'd ya guys think?
---
If you believe in JESUS and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#2randymgreenPosted 4/11/2013 8:10:25 PM
Yes.
And no more magic pockets which is stupid. And give me some proper hits instead of killing low-lifes... AND no more cutscenes robbing me of the gratification of the kill after I've done all the hard work!!!
#3MetallicaOpethPosted 4/12/2013 6:29:45 AM
the disguise system is fine
#4billyjeanmurderPosted 4/12/2013 10:09:23 AM
randymgreen posted...
Yes.
And no more magic pockets which is stupid. And give me some proper hits instead of killing low-lifes... AND no more cutscenes robbing me of the gratification of the kill after I've done all the hard work!!!

I agree with you completely. You kill strip club owners and hired goons instead of the usual.
---
http://batmj.com/images/billie_jean/billiejean_gloves.JPG
#5TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 4/12/2013 2:24:56 PM
I think you need to apologise for your discrimination and paedophilia before I even consider reading any of your posts.
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#6HeirApparentPosted 4/16/2013 2:59:06 PM
randymgreen posted...
Yes.

It's because this was more focused on story than usual, and killing all the lower lackeys was just a buildup to show what 47 would really go through to keep this girl safe. This game was about showing his humanity in a way, it really drew you in. Hence the more dramatic and numberous cutscenes.

Although, I do agree want them to bring back more of the classic Hitman formula for the next game ( bigger levels, better hits).
---
A life free of guilt exists when the eye fights daylight yet unseen.
A book with not a page written means hope yet sometimes to be.