hopefully the controls are perfect for the pc.

#1jtest5031Posted 2/6/2010 7:26:49 PM

I know thas you can used a controller for the pc, but I liked using the mouse and keyboard for games. and these kind of games which has a lot of things to do are never quite done for the keyboard and mouse. but we should see.

#2JoeCalzaghePosted 2/7/2010 8:39:26 AM
jtest5031 posted...

I know thas you can used a controller for the pc, but I liked using the mouse and keyboard for games. and these kind of games which has a lot of things to do are never quite done for the keyboard and mouse. but we should see.

You can map your controls on the pc, so I don't know what you mean the controls are never right... And since this game is console game its probably going to play best on the pc with the xbox360 controller. I don't know why pc gamers hate the 360 controller so much, I mean I'm a pc gamer and I love being able to have vibrating controllers... But then again maybe some of you grew up with a pc! I grew up playing sega genesis, Original nintendo, and Nes. I love controllers...
#3bakalhau90Posted 2/8/2010 2:18:46 PM
JoeCalzaghe posted...
jtest5031 posted...

You can map your controls on the pc, so I don't know what you mean the controls are never right... And since this game is console game its probably going to play best on the pc with the xbox360 controller. I don't know why pc gamers hate the 360 controller so much, I mean I'm a pc gamer and I love being able to have vibrating controllers... But then again maybe some of you grew up with a pc! I grew up playing sega genesis, Original nintendo, and Nes. I love controllers...

I agree with this. Well, except the part in which you describe your love for... hum, vibrating controllers.
#4indrasutPosted 2/10/2010 9:43:28 AM
I grew up with both haha, but I still prefer keyboard/mouse for some types of games. For JC2, I would rather have precise aiming and lots of different buttons, which translates to kb/m, just like other FPSes or action games that I played. Same thing with the strategy games.

The only types of games that I really prefer controller over kb/m are sport games.
#5Hermes33Posted 2/13/2010 1:44:45 AM

Yeah, it's all personal choice of course. But still, you have to remember some games were designed to be played with the mouse/kb and some with a controller. Mostly it's "1st person fps" games w/ the mouse/kb and "3rd person action" games (i.e Assassin's creed. Gta, Just Cause etc.) with the controller.

If i remember right, the original Just Cause PC version was a bit of a poor console port with cut-down gfx from the PS3. BUT... I seem to recall the keyboard controls were NOT configurable? What I do remember though, there was NO controller option. Like, WTF?! Pretty lame, considering it was a console port. Subsequently, it didn't play nearly as good as the devs originally meant the game to be played. Like say, your game character moved around pretty dis-jointed and awkwardly, condidering there was no "walk" button... With analogue sticks you can smoothly control how your character moves around... slow walk or run, your choice (and smooth camera control). Heck.. the PC version didn't even have a widescreen (16:10) option! (although there was a way to hack the screen res, found on the widescren gaming forum).

I hope the devs get the PC version right this time... If it's another console port, then at least there should be proper controller support so we can play the game how it was meant to be played and not another clumsy unconfigurable keyboard/mouse workaround effort.

#6ArthasRebornPosted 2/21/2010 9:54:34 AM

Eh, I always found controllers way too clunky, myself. The only game I can make an exception for regarding controllers is Dead Rising. I cannot ever deny my love for zombies.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/ou4ldf.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#7iamgeneusPosted 3/2/2010 5:00:41 PM
Any word on if it will have a shortcut for the grappling hook? It was a pain in the first one to have to switch to it.
#8iamgeneusPosted 3/4/2010 3:27:22 PM
^ OMG yes, there is a shortcut.
#9awakendjayPosted 3/4/2010 4:10:32 PM
jtest5031 posted...

The mouse and keyboard is perfect...no mouse lag............nothing ...........its fantastic.

WASD = basic movement
L-ShIFT = sprint
F = grapple shortcut
Q- Melee
-etc etc etc etc etc

mouse 1 and 2.....shootings and atttacks

oh and the camerae angles are amazing...like gears of war