The Controls

#1Dex164Posted 5/3/2010 7:21:13 PM
played a demo of the game for pc, and found the controls to be a bit iffy. will i get used to it or does the game continue in this awkward money? trying to decide before buying it

---
TF2 Title: Dex "Goggles"
im a programmer and mapper, among other things
#2giocarePosted 5/3/2010 7:35:36 PM
I got used to it...it's still kind of hard to aim the grappling hook at stuff while you're in the air though.
#3ClaptonvaughnPosted 5/4/2010 2:38:53 AM
What problems are you having with the controls? They feel great for me on keyboard/mouse.

I had some delayed mouse reaction when I had the graphic settings too high (SSAO in particular), but after turning that off the mouse went back to normal.
#4GojomezPosted 5/5/2010 8:01:51 PM
I use my 360 controller. its awesome. So much easier than the mouse keyboard.
---
▲
▲▲
#5BeriornPosted 5/6/2010 1:20:20 AM
Grappling onto stuff while in mid-air is a bit iffy, and forget about trying to drive anything bigger than a motorbike and smaller than a tank.
---
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.
#6gary234Posted 5/6/2010 5:24:50 AM

So just by reading the replies to this the PC is worse then the console ?.

#7cody4783Posted 5/6/2010 7:59:54 AM
If you use a 360 controller (Native support, perfect compatibility) it's pretty much just like the console. I play the game with it perfectly fine, and after you get efficient with the grapple everything is smooth.

There's a bit of negative acceleration and sensitivity issues with KB+M, but to me it's still very usable. Just takes a bit of getting used to, but you're going to have that no matter what control scheme or platform you use.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
Currently waiting for: Split/Second - PC
#8giocarePosted 5/6/2010 3:02:41 PM
"So just by reading the replies to this the PC is worse then the console ?"

Maybe when it comes to controls but the PC version is better in every other way.
#9treetopPosted 5/6/2010 10:03:10 PM
i can't imagine the 360 improving the controls over the pc, they work fine for what they are.

it's mostly just hard to hit stuff accurately with the grapple when you're moving quickly..
#10The_melonatorPosted 5/7/2010 3:38:24 PM
"i can't imagine the 360 improving the controls over the pc, they work fine for what they are.

it's mostly just hard to hit stuff accurately with the grapple when you're moving quickly.."

......the controls are horrible. I don't know how you can play this game longer than five minutes without a Xbox 360 controller. Cuz i sure as hell can't, oh, and the controller fixes that problem while trying to grapple something while moving. Instead of limited space with the mouse you can hold the joystick in one direction indefinitely. But, to each his own i guess.