Controller Patch?

#1Gods_Son23Posted 7/23/2010 8:35:41 PM

Has anyone come across/found a way to play this on PC with any other kind of controller yet?

#2pepe2004xPosted 7/23/2010 9:21:54 PM
I beat it with a wired xbox360 control. You just connect it and that is all.
#3Gods_Son23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 11:28:02 PM
I should have mentioned I meant another controller apart from the xbox one. It's the only game ive played that doesn't register the pc controller i use.
#4cody4783Posted 7/23/2010 11:52:05 PM
Take a look into the x360ce Vibmod:
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=33
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1247056

The game itself only responds to the Xinput control of the 360 controller, but that tool can be used to configure other controllers to be picked up as a 360 controller in-game. It's compatible with a lot of games too BTW, not just JC2.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#5Gods_Son23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2010 1:53:45 AM
Cheers. I'll take a look them!
#6PFCNydasPosted 7/26/2010 11:31:47 AM
My logitech Chillstream worked just fine, with no additional software downloads.
---
United States Army. OIF 06-07
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/blackcow99/The-Iraq-Door-Breaker.gif
#7crazyinfoPosted 7/29/2010 8:22:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8crazyinfoPosted 7/29/2010 8:44:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9crazyinfoPosted 7/29/2010 9:32:29 AM
OK I have to admit that I am an avid fan of Xpadder, BUT I have been hearing and reading about this controller mod called x360ce Vibmod so I decided to just out right go off hating like a lot of people do... I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. I downloaded and installed it.

So I have both used Xpadder and x360ce Vibmod. I wanted to test the limits of both of them, so I have done a very thorough comparison using both programs with various controllers on both, various games and programs (Yes Programs) with those controllers.

I also used the most commonly found controllers and one or 2 other odd ones lying around

My computer specs:
CPU: Intel i7 @ 2.8 ghz 8 MB Cache (Stock, Not Over Clocked)
4 GB Ram
GPU: XFX Nvidia GTX 260

Settings used on games was all as high as I could get them, and anti-Aliasing set to x16 where possible

Controllers used on Both for test are these:
XBOX
XBOX 360 (Wired)
Logitech
Logitech-Pro
Random Joystick I found
PS2
PS3

OK now I wanted to test these out on games that have controller support and games that restricted to keyboard and mouse only now here are the games I tested these on:

Alone In The Dark 5
Assassins Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Blur
Borderlands
Burnout Paradise
Dark Sector
Dark Void
Dawn Of Magic
Dead Space
Diablo
Diablo II
Dungeon Siege II
John Woos Stranglehold
Just Cause 2
Metro 2033
Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Silent Hill Homecoming
Singularity
Split Second
Starcraft
Street Fighter 4
Warcraft II Frozen Throne
WOW

RESULTS FOR x360ce Vibmod

1. Didn't work with some of the controllers I plugged in and couldn't get the joystick to work, some of the thumb sticks on the controllers wouldn't work.

2. I found I actually had to mess around with the file settings a lot with a lot of games and then download additional stuff and drivers and things like that just to get some controllers to work.

3. Found the controls on a lot of stuff mostly racing games to be very sluggish and quirky and the response time lagged some times.

4. It doesn't support EVERYTHING, A lot of games Yes, but not everything and almost no programs.

5. There was no way to use it with games that were restricted to keyboard and mouse only such as Diablo II WOW Dungeon Siege II

RESULTS FOR XPADDER

1. Worked with every single controller I plugged into my computer INCLUDING the Joystick and all parts of all controllers worked thumb sticks and all.

2. I did not have to mess with any files or make any adjustments, I did not have to download anything extra no drivers no nothing, every controller worked right off the bat

3. Controls were flawless on every game I played, and the response time was just about perfect Xpadder is compatible with EVERY single GAME ever made regardless of the year or how old the game is.

4. Xpadder supported everything, every game and program I used with it

5. I was able to use all the above controllers on games that are restricted to keyboard and mouse
These games worked Diablo II, WOW, Dungeon Siege II

Overview:
x360ce Vibmod is limited to what it can do and cannot do things Xpadder can do:

Xpadder is not limited and it can do everything x360ce Vibmod can do PLUS it can do things x360ce Vibmod cannot do.

x360ce Vibmod is half of a prgram/mod
Xpadder is a fully versatile program

When it comes to getting things, why would you get half a program that doesn't run nearly as good as a full program that does it all and runs far superior.

Well those are the facts, take em or leave em and people don't have to like them, but they do have to accept them.