OK I have to admit that I am an avid fan of Xpadder, BUT I have been hearing and reading about this controller mod called x360ce Vibmod so I decided to just out right go off hating like a lot of people do... I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. I downloaded and installed it.
So I have both used Xpadder and x360ce Vibmod. I wanted to test the limits of both of them, so I have done a very thorough comparison using both programs with various controllers on both, various games and programs (Yes Programs) with those controllers.
I also used the most commonly found controllers and one or 2 other odd ones lying around
My computer specs: OS: VISTA 32 Service Pack 2 CPU: Intel i7 @ 2.8 ghz 8 MB Cache (Stock, Not Over Clocked) 4 GB Ram GPU: XFX Nvidia GTX 260
Settings used on games was all as high as I could get them, and anti-Aliasing set to x16 where possible
Controllers used on Both for test are these: XBOX XBOX 360 (Wired) Logitech Logitech-Pro Random Joystick I found PS2 PS3
OK now I wanted to test these out on games that have controller support and games that restricted to keyboard and mouse only now here are the games I tested these on:
Alone In The Dark 5 Assassins Creed II Batman: Arkham Asylum Bioshock Bioshock 2 Blur Borderlands Burnout Paradise Dark Sector Dark Void Dawn Of Magic Dead Space Diablo Diablo II Dungeon Siege II John Woos Stranglehold Just Cause 2 Metro 2033 Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Silent Hill Homecoming Singularity Split Second Starcraft Street Fighter 4 Warcraft II Frozen Throne WOW
RESULTS FOR x360ce Vibmod
1. Didn't work with some of the controllers I plugged in and couldn't get the joystick to work, some of the thumb sticks on the controllers wouldn't work.
2. I found I actually had to mess around with the file settings a lot with a lot of games and then download additional stuff and drivers and things like that just to get some controllers to work.
3. Found the controls on a lot of stuff mostly racing games to be very sluggish and quirky and the response time lagged some times.
4. It doesn't support EVERYTHING, A lot of games Yes, but not everything and almost no programs.
5. There was no way to use it with games that were restricted to keyboard and mouse only such as Diablo II WOW Dungeon Siege II ___________
RESULTS FOR XPADDER
1. Worked with every single controller I plugged into my computer INCLUDING the Joystick and all parts of all controllers worked thumb sticks and all.
2. I did not have to mess with any files or make any adjustments, I did not have to download anything extra no drivers no nothing, every controller worked right off the bat
3. Controls were flawless on every game I played, and the response time was just about perfect Xpadder is compatible with EVERY single GAME ever made regardless of the year or how old the game is.
4. Xpadder supported everything, every game and program I used with it
5. I was able to use all the above controllers on games that are restricted to keyboard and mouse These games worked Diablo II, WOW, Dungeon Siege II