How bad is the enemy respawning?

#1JimCramerPosted 3/28/2010 7:53:48 PM
How bad is the enemy respawn in this game? Some games are ruined by too much respawn i.e. Red Faction. But in other games it's not too bad, like Far Cry 2 had frequent respawns but it didn't ruin the game....
#2OhGoodPosted 3/28/2010 7:59:34 PM
if you so much as sneeze in front of a military officer they'll send the entire army after you. No joke, it's the only problem with the game, sometimes the air is nothing but bullets.

But besides that it's an amazing game. i wouldn't call it game breaking, but it sure can get annoying sometimes.
---
PSN - Ohgood
#3aBipedPosted 3/28/2010 8:00:57 PM
No joke? So Rico can actually sneeze and it will cause the military to attack him? Wow!
#4save_mePosted 3/28/2010 8:07:16 PM
When in villages, dont go shooting the assets before collecting the resources.
In bases, youre asking for it.
---
CE's Resident Singaporean
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x70/save_remy/your_image2.jpg
#5Sun_And_SteelPosted 3/28/2010 8:16:48 PM
Actually, the enemy only respawns very far away, so that if you kill all the enemies in a given area, it'll take a minute or two for enemies to drive to where you are. It's just that there are a lot of enemies everywhere so it seems like they respawn often.

---
http://www.last.fm/user/MaidenMilitia
#6DreammosaicPosted 3/29/2010 12:58:46 AM

Sun_And_Steel posted...
Actually, the enemy only respawns very far away, so that if you kill all the enemies in a given area, it'll take a minute or two for enemies to drive to where you are. It's just that there are a lot of enemies everywhere so it seems like they respawn often.

---
http://www.last.fm/user/MaidenMilitia

Have to disagree with you. I can be shooting a gas tank and I will have 2 guys appear randomly right behind me and start blasting me in the back. Within like 20 feet of Rico. It is even worse at a military base, they just pop in right in front of you.

Maybe it is a bug in my game. Lots and lots of bugs in the game. Like the damn guys with rocket launchers that pop right next to you and blast away, even though they die too. :roll:

It isn't game breaking at any rate, most bases have miniguns you can get and take everything out quickly.

#7rustysandwichPosted 3/29/2010 7:37:58 AM
I have unlocked 4 or maybe 5 bars of military influence, and I was on the interstate bridge in Financial District and I hooked a car from my parachute (not a military car or anything) and immediately got all 5 bars filled immediately.

So yea the enemy spawn/threat is horrible so far, I am hoping they fix it to make some what sense, or at least make some bullets not do crit damage (shot guns halving my health from 50 feet away)
---
Xbox Live: Rustysandwich
What is the song at the end of the Alone in the Dark trailer?
#8daveliciousPosted 3/29/2010 8:05:30 AM
The enemy spawning is pretty bad...

I kinda wish they had set up a system where each base will only have a set number of enemies... and the only respawn points would be bunkers, new vehicles arriving, and of course the parachuting support.

Seems to me they should have included destructible bunkers so you could destroy that to stop the flow of new enemies spawning within the base, and then if you destroy all the radio towers, they can no longer call for backup, so the flow of incoming vehicles should stop.

I'm also a bit annoyed that completing a settlement to 100 percent doesn't actually clear out the enemies for good... and the bases are still set up as 'restricted areas'... The reward for completing a base to 100% should be that it's now guarded/owned by the faction who's influence occupies that area... I want those airports to become MINE!
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#9Opinion8edPosted 3/29/2010 1:14:43 PM
Play Far Cry 2 if you want really bad respawning. Just Cause is nothing compared to that.
#10GTA_EdmPosted 3/29/2010 2:56:25 PM
While there is some weird enemy spawning, I've found that it comes in waves. I play on Hardcore and after taking out three or four full waves of enemies in a base, their numbers lessen and only a few will remain and respawn. And I agree with the poster who said destroying broadcast towers should keep the enemy from calling for backup. Totally makes sense. :)